Does this make me a total piece of crap?

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

I am sick of all the heat and humidity and the ridiculous amounts of sweating and rehydrating that I do when I ride outside lately, so I have been opting for riding my indoor exercise bike instead.  In perfectly clear and sunny weather!  Temp now is 90 with a dew point of around 70.  "Feels like" temp is upper 90's. 

I am a wimp.  Should I just give up cycling altogether?  I used to love to go out and get all hot and sweaty.  Not so much anymore.   :(  

• Heart 2
  • Sad 2

Toughen up, BUTTERCUP!

FTR, real men don't reference "dew point".  That's for the lying sacks of blather that do the weather forecast. ONLY BuffJim or sheepherder can talk dew point or weather or temps. 

A solution is a swimming pool. Ride and then go swimming.

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I keep thinking it is September and it should be cooling off, but it is as hot here today in the Tidewater as it in July.   :(

Yeah but fall is just around the corner. Build up time on the indoor bike and when the heat & humidity breaks you’ll be ready for some longer rides. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I keep thinking it is September and it should be cooling off, but it is as hot here today in the Tidewater as it in July.   :(

Ha! I found the problem!  You need some gears on that bike!  Jeebus, there is a reason there are 12sp gruppos these days!  Speed and efficiency = cooling breeze and less sweating!

wo1 004 half.jpg

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Ha! I found the problem!  You need some gears on that bike!  Jeebus, there is a reason there are 12sp gruppos these days!  Speed and efficiency = cooling breeze and less sweating!

wo1 004 half.jpg

I saw that the other day and almost commented on it. He said then that his terrain was really really flat. 52/16 is his gear if I'm not mistaken.

Heck, when I ride the trail that is really flat (600 ft in 40 miles) I ride in my small ring, a 39/14. I looked it up then and saw this his gear inch combo was about 11 or 12 points harder than mine.  I was thinking this dude must be a monster because I don't push my big ring on the flats. :D

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I was up in DC, visited VA Beach a few times but never really spent much time down there. Makes sense tho.

Things seem different there now.  I lived there for 5 years late 60's and early 70's.  I saw snow maybe 3 times in 5 years and it was minimal.  They seem to get more snow now.  Back then the winter season was just raw and wet but Easter used to mark the beginning of summer again.