It is sticky, gross, and buggy in the east coast jungle

Randomguy

This makes me miss CO something fierce, summers are massively more pleasant there!

I was bit by at least 10 mosquitoes on my 15 minute trail walk with the dog, sweating a fair bit and needing a shower.  In Boulder, an average summer would see me getting 3-5 mosquito bites all season, and you don't sweat unless you are exercising out in the sun or doing hot yogurt or somesuch.  There were three full summers where I didn't get bit at all by a single mosquito.  Oh yeah, you don't need bug spray there at all.

I can almost see why Kirby wants summer to be over.  Don't worry Kirby, it will be a different kind of miserable in a month!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Mosquito bites are pretty much mild nuisances.  Do they bother you as an adult???? 

But I don't think they are particularly crazy in September.

Right here, they are definitely a bother.  Who fuck doesn't mind getting bit by mosquitoes ever, Jeffrey Dahmer or the like?  I mind, everybody minds.  Lots of gnats tonight, too, pretty gross.

Bugs take all the fun out of peeing outside, too.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Right here, they are definitely a bother.  Who fuck doesn't mind getting bit by mosquitoes ever, Jeffrey Dahmer or the like?  I mind, everybody minds.  Lots of gnats tonight, too, pretty gross.

Bugs take all the fun out of peeing outside, too.

I don't "react" much to mosquito bites other than the initial itch that goes away fast.

I remember being on a bike ride at Cape Henlopen in DE, and stopping to take a leak on the side of the trail.  Those fucking mosquitoes were landing on my dingdong!!!!  Mid-stream!  WTF??? 

• Haha 2

It's usually very pleasant in Maryland from about mid-September through November.  People who have pleasure boats they use on the Chesapeake Bay or Rivers usually winterize them around Thanksgiving - it's not too cold to enjoy the Bay until then.  We had a great week, then hot Monday through Wednesday, then it's forecast for highs mostly in the lower 80's or upper 70's.

As a high school coach, Fall Sports Season was my favorite because the mostly-dry weather for most of it made it so enjoyable to be outside.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't "react" much to mosquito bites other than the initial itch that goes away fast.

I remember being on a bike ride at Cape Henlopen in DE, and stopping to take a leak on the side of the trail.  Those fucking mosquitoes were landing on my dingdong!!!!  Mid-stream!  WTF??? 

My worst skeeter experience ever was Assateague island. Holy crap!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I've had the same experience on Assateaque  Island

Just saw that Ralph has experienced the skeeters of Assateaque 

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I was bit by at least 10 mosquitoes on my 15 minute trail walk with the dog

You don't want to go for a hike in Denali National Park in late June.  That is the WORST place I've ever visited for bugs that bite.   

Yeah... I know...  I picked the absolutely worst time to visit the park, because that's when the bugs hatch, but that was when I had my vacation scheduled.

That said... it was still a GREAT place to hike.  Just bring LOTS of bug spray....