So Jeopardy wonks, why is Mike Richards hosting?

Ralphie

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Ahh, yeah, his last week, then he is outta here!  Even as Executive Producer. 

Yeah they had 1 week of shows recorded...  then it hit the fan.   

I looked for this yesterday...

Matt...  he is still a rather boring winner.  I always wonder... how do they know soooooooo much crap.  And have the ability to recall the answer so fast????   Many times I'm still working on the answer I know... and they are on to the next clue.  

• Heart 2

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

I guess they just didn’t have time to scramble any further. So he didn’t know he was out when these were recorded. Strange situation. 

Dude is canned from the show and a whole bunch of other stuff too, correct?  What a crummy way to honor Alex's many years of relatively scandal free hosting. :(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Doesn't matter.  The stars of the show are the game and the contestants.  Who reads the clues is unimportant.

If you believe that, you're gonna be hella surprised when the ratings start dropping, and even the low cost of keeping it "alive" starts to wan.  I could see both Wheel and Jeopardy going away soon in favor of another talk show or sports show or just a repackaging of viral internet TikTok videos. 

15 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

No offense to Mayim fans, but my wife is really against her and I don’t like a few of her actions, which is a shame since she did a fair enough job of hosting. 

Mayim will be back on next week as the first guest host of season 38.  She will be on for three weeks from Sept 20 to Oct 8.  

I liked Aaron Rogers, Mayim Bialik, Ken Jennings, and LaVar Burton.  Burton did have one annoying habit, in the way he responded "yes" to correct responses. Buzzy Kohen was a bit of a surprise, and did really well.  

I have read that Alex Trebek felt the contestants should be the stars.   I think any of those I mentioned would continue that.   The trick is to carry on the legacy of Alex Trebek without trying to copy or be him.

Jeopardy has appeal to many viewers because they (we) try to get the correct answer, possibly before they answer.