Evening Tandem Ride with Gina

Mr. Beanz

16 mile evening ride with Gina. Bummer! I finally talked her into riding the tandem with me on this course, night ride midweek. Spent plenty of time getting things ready, equipment etc but when we got to the start, I noticed a blister on the brake surface of the front wheel. Darnit! But the air was so nice, so cool, and after spending all that time getting the tandem ready, we went for it. I almost ditched the ride but figured we could do an easy ride just so she could see the course by bike.  Would have been about a 25 mile ride but worried about the rim, I cut it short in some places avoiding the downhill sections. We could have easily done 30-35 but forget that. I took it easy and babied it down hill not wanting to get hurt. But turned out to be a nice sweet ride in the evening. Gina enjoyed the course but now I need a new rim. Won't ride it again till it's replaced.

I use the tandem when we go in traffic. I can't afford for Gina to make a mistake or hit a pothole she doesn't know about. So night rides and even a day ride out in traffic, I'll put her on the back of the tandem. :D

Turned out to be a sweet ride though!