This is Dan

BR46

57 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Where did you find them?:scratchhead:

Higher output ignition coil, went up one size on the main jet and ignition timing. 

We started out with 38 degrees advanced timing and we would do 3 or 4 power runs. Then back the timing off 1 degree and do 3 or 4 power runs. We the peak hp. starts going the other way you set the ignition timing to where you had the best power. 

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Can you use any forced induction?  How about nitrous?

Nope 

The rules for this class....2 cylinder twin 650 we can over bore to 750cc, stock valve size, 34mm carburetors and the list goes on. 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, BR46 said:

He is 

The cool thing about vintage motorcycle racing is everybody helps each other out. 

A few years ago I came up with a design for a disk brake on the 3rd wheel that keeps the sidecar stable under heavy braking. Dan asked me if it would be OK if he copied my design.....I said yes and gave him all the specs. 

That was like some automaker sharing their method of making some safety item. I forget what, it was quite a while ago. Something like airbags or abs. 
I might be thinking of this from Volvo. 
https://www.volvocars.com/intl/why-volvo/human-innovation/future-of-driving/safety/cars-safe-for-all

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Well, I sat there at the table
And I acted real naïve
For I knew that topless lady
Had something up her sleeve

I suspect Dan does too.  Next race should be interesting.

The forum needs more john prine references!  Sorry to say I had to look that one up though, I guess largely because that song didn’t really float my boat. So owl have to try it again. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BR46 said:

He is 

The cool thing about vintage motorcycle racing is everybody helps each other out. 

A few years ago I came up with a design for a disk brake on the 3rd wheel that keeps the sidecar stable under heavy braking. Dan asked me if it would be OK if he copied my design.....I said yes and gave him all the specs. 

I see how this works you help him slow down and he helps you go faster

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2