Is Ritz the king of crackers, or is the saltine king?

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

Also to be considered, is the saltine on the way out?   We all grew up with them pretty much as the default cracker you'd get if you asked for some crackers, but there weren't as many competitors as there are now.

RO wants nothing to do with Saltines, but likes Ritz crackers, so Ritz's marketing towards kids is working better.

59 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Also to be considered, is the saltine on the way out?   We all grew up with them pretty much as the default cracker you'd get if you asked for some crackers, but there weren't as many competitors as there are now.

RO wants nothing to do with Saltines, but likes Ritz crackers, so Ritz's marketing towards kids is working better.

Recently had some Ritz and was blown away by how bad they were :(  I used to eat those by the sleeve - by themselves, with cheese, with PB and/or jelly, with a pickle, etc. - but now they just seems like they becomes a goopy paste in my mouth. Not sure how or if that recipe changed, but Ritz are off the menu nowadays.

• Awesome 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Recently had some Ritz and was blown away by how bad they were :( 

I had some today that RO made me get, I am digging them.  Yeah, they disintegrate in your pie hole, but they are supposed to.  I wonder if anyone has ever made their mock apple pie?

That said, tomato soup season is coming up, and nothing goes into tomato soup like Premium Saltines (or grilled cheese).

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Randomguy said:

Ok, these were delivered this morning, and I mistakenly ordered two boxes.  Then I made tomato soup.

They are gross.  :(

Just do the right thing and buy Nabisco Premium Original Saltine Crackers.  No need to mess with perfection, if talking crackers for soup.  Ritz are okay at best.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Just do the right thing and buy Nabisco Premium Original Saltine Crackers.  No need to mess with perfection, if talking crackers for soup.  Ritz are okay at best.

I ordered some of the original, too, just in case of what happened with the whole wheat version.  Whole wheat versions of things typically aren't as good as the processed-as-hell versions, with bread being the only exception that comes to mind immediately.

Ritz is a damn fine cracker, though.  I would watch what you say about them, they tend to be kind of ornery, and are not big respecters of the law.

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I ordered some of the original, too, just in case of what happened with the whole wheat version.  Whole wheat versions of things typically aren't as good as the processed-as-hell versions, with bread being the only exception that comes to mind immediately.

Ritz is a damn fine cracker, though.  I would watch what you say about them, they tend to be kind of ornery, and are not big respecters of the law.

If you are some sort of delusional whacko that is allergic to gluten, or some other made up disorder, then you buy shit that tastes bad and tell yourself that you are doing the right thing.  Otherwise, you eated saltine crackers and use real butter and drink whole milk and dd real cream to your coffee like any red blooded American does.  Oh, and you drive a V-8.