When's the last time you had cinnamon toast ?

Further

14 hours ago, Further said:

Toasted white bread, lots of butter, coated with cinnamon & plenty of sugar ?

Healthy it ain't, Tasty it was, I haven't had it in years, but when I was a little kid it was a favorite. 

I had some around May.  I made the mistake of buying a small jar of cinnamon, not cinnamon sugar, and sprinkled it on the butter that had melted on my toast.

Not quite right.

Thanks for reminding me.  I just added cinnamon sugar to my phone's grocery list!  I'm sure one of the cheap off-brands will do!

Not real healthy but I'm eating low-carb, high-fiber Schmidt's 647 Bread!

image.png.00f85894e2539f70ccfb0acf6334a4a6.png

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I had some around May.  I made the mistake of buying a small jar of cinnamon, not cinnamon sugar, and sprinkled it on the butter that had melted on my toast.

Not quite right.

Thanks for reminding me.  I just added cinnamon sugar to my phone's grocery list!  I'm sure one of the cheap off-brands will do!

Not real healthy but I'm eating low-carb, high-fiber Schmidt's 647 Bread!

image.png.00f85894e2539f70ccfb0acf6334a4a6.png

Do you not keep any sugar in your house, that you could mix with the cinnamon? I like to use enough sugar that it made a crunchy layer with the butter.

• Heart 1

Great aunt Josephine’s recipe:

Cinnamon and sugar in a bowl mixed to taste.

Melt butter in a cast iron skillet. Add sugar/cinnamon mix and let it liquify.  
Throw the bread in and let it soak up the caramelized sugar. Flip it over and soak up the remainder.
Caramelizing the sugar makes it all crunchy on the toast. Serve when it’s still a little too hot to touch and you have to blow on it. 

Clean the still hot skillet with a paper towel. The sugar wipes right out. Wear an oven mitt when you do, liquid sugar will blister you in a second.  

• Awesome 1