So right after I posted in the elevated triglycerides thread, my wife drug me to a bbq place

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Road Runner,

It was very good!  Excellent baby back ribs, collards, and Mac and cheese. I was glad I got the bbq sauce on the side because the ribs had a good dry rub flavor. Easily enough for two meals. It was a roadside place with a nice eating area that she had seen good reviews for. A nice drive in the country to get there. We sure can’t do that too often!  But it was the best bbq I have had in years so worthwhile. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Envious 2

9 minutes ago, Further said:

Some people become so obsessed with living a long life that living becomes miserable and the long life a sentence rather than a blessing 

This may be true for some.  But for me, I gave up all red meat several years ago, and I really don't miss it.  I thought I would, but I don't.

I'm looking forward to my big salad that is on the menu for tonight.   :)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

This may be true for some.  But for me, I gave up all red meat several years ago, and I really don't miss it.  I thought I would, but I don't.

I'm looking forward to my big salad that is on the menu for tonight.   :)

I can take red meat or leave it. I think i might have a vegetarian dinner tonight to balance out today’s ribs and finish them tomorrow.