Worried about Einstein

Airehead

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Makes sense. Are Covid tests still taking 72 hours, or do they come back much quicker these days? Or was the Covid test done in an ER, where I assume it’s back in a few hours?

Back tomorrow morning. If he dies from covid I will kill him. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Makes sense. Are Covid tests still taking 72 hours, or do they come back much quicker these days? Or was the Covid test done in an ER, where I assume it’s back in a few hours?

I would think they would have done a quick one first, but I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in quite some time.  Hoping for the best.

• Heart 1

Hope everything turns out ok, but it's always worrisome when people we love don't feel well. A couple people I know had a light flu that lasted for a few days, but wasn't covid.   And I'm glad to hear he's vaccinated - that should help a lot even if the tests are positive.  But sending hugs to you and Mr Aire.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

We got antigen tests and had the results in 20-30 minutes.  PCR seem to take 24 hours, though.  Not sure why one would be preferred over the other?  Maybe the PCR is more accurate?  Both are nose swabs, I think.

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

PCR COVID test, blood work, flu test. Quarantined until results. 

That will at least rule stuff out and maybe reveal something.  Hoping it's just normal "feeling a bit under the weather" and he'll bounce back quick.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Anymore we are getting results same day.  You can also get OTC tests at drug stores for immediate results.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

One of my safety guys tested positive today. He's vaccinated. Got exposed last Wednesday by another coworker. Lost his smell, sounds congested.

Getting to be so common, luckily vaccinated people do seem to be less sick and recover faster. 

• Heart 4

12 hours ago, Airehead said:

Getting to be so common, luckily vaccinated people do seem to be less sick and recover faster. 

I wonder about the long term effects, if they are less common or less severe for vaccinated people?  :scratchhead:  Ahh, this link says half as likely. 
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/people-who-were-vaccinated-and-got-covid-19-were-half-as-likely-to-have-long-term-symptoms

6 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Suggestion:   Try 3 Ibuprofen (Advil).  Tylenol does nothing for me.  I might as well eat a cracker.

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Might as well stagger Tylenol 650 mg every 6 hours with Motrin/Advil/ibuprofen 400 mg every four hours.

He is only allowed Tylenol by order of his doctor. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Sorry to hear he's still not doing well.   And I guess ultimately, they're going to treat the symptoms and he's not going to be around others, so whatever the test result the treatment is likely the same.

Hugs to you both.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Sorry to hear he's still not doing well.   And I guess ultimately, they're going to treat the symptoms and he's not going to be around others, so whatever the test result the treatment is likely the same.

Hugs to you both.

Smart frog, you are

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1