Worried about Einstein

Airehead

17 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I got home. He could not move to stand up. No ability to motor plan. Seems to have happened rapidly as he made a sandwich at lunch. I thought he might be stiff from sitting so I offered assistance. He slipped in slow motion to the floor. I called 911. No answer. Called multiple times and gave up. Then they called me back finally. I am really really pissed about that. Great local ambulance team took him. I could not go. I am very worried here at home. 

:(  If you only knew what was causing this. Keep us updated, Aire!

• Heart 1

I'm sorry if this is upsetting, but it is better to be aware.

Actress Tanya Roberts had a simple urinary tract infection.  From Wiki:

While hiking on December 23, 2020, Roberts developed lower intestinal pain and difficulty breathing.  She returned home to rest.  Very early the next morning she fell out of bed and found she could not get up.  She was taken to Cedars-Sinai Hospital, where it was determined she had developed a urinary tract infection that had advanced to sepsis.  Her illness was complicated by her history of hepatitis C.  The body's immune response to her infection resulted in multi-organ failure.  She had to be placed on a ventilator to help her with the work of breathing.  Her partner, Lance O'Brien, was not allowed to see her due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Her condition deteriorated, and on 3 January 2021 she was taken off life support.  O'Brien was finally then allowed to visit her.  She died on the evening of January 4.

• Hugs 1

Oh no.  I am so sorry to hear this. How stressful for you both.  I hope they are able to figure out what is causing the problem very quickly and treat it.  Prayers for you both.   Please call me on my cell at any time even if you just want to talk to distract you while you wait for good news.

• Heart 2

Very glad there was some progress with the movement and I hope he or the staff are able to keep you up to date as I'm sure it's worse not being able to be with him. Continuing to send prayers and good thoughts.

• Heart 1

You must be both physically and emotionally exhausted.  I know it seems impossible, but try to take care of yourself as well.  You'll be of no help to anyone if you can't function.

I'm glad he is alert and responding to surroundings.  This is a good sign. It is scary that they still haven't given you a diagnosis, the unknown always is unsettling.  But you trust the doctors at this hospital and that should be comforting.

And let's just assume Paulie is trying to keep you distracted from worry with antics.  :nodhead:

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Oh and this—-  Tim is still in the ER. His nurse has been trying to get him a bed to get him off the gurney. Bed came down. Now two nurses are fighting over it. Hospital is truly near capacity. Which isn’t funny but two nurses pulling a bed back and forth was funny. 

Did Tim's nurse win?  Does this mean that they let you into the ER?

If you are allowed in, do you have a power bank for your phone?  I always found them useful when waiting at a hospital. 

• Heart 1