Worried about Einstein

Airehead

4 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Kidney infection? 
Thanks for the updates. Surrounding you both with prayers. 

This.  Fluid not expelled via the kidneys, affects the legs.  With some function, there can be a small amount of buildup in the legs without noticeable swelling.  When the legs have difficulty with circulation (i.e. fluid buildup) there are micro muscles in the legs that kick in and pulsate in an attempt to improve circulation.  Increased fluid in the legs can cause the muscles in the legs to work serious overtime, resulting in fatigue and falls/instability.  I went through this with both parents multiple times.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

18 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Kidney infection? 
Thanks for the updates. Surrounding you both with prayers. 

My dad gets pnuemonia and urinary tract infections and his symptons sound very similar.  Lots of IV fluids and antibiotics should help I hope.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

As an aside. I put Paulie in the wrong crate this morning so he let himself out. Then he let Ryan out. He did not let Lindy out.   Next he opened the closet door and chewed on one shoe.  He did not eat the mail on the table or anything really bad. I feel lucky. Lindy is pissed. 

Paulie is a punk

:)

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 2

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Glad to hear that they have at least figured it out.  Any prognosis or do you have to wait to talk to the doctors who will decide the treatment?

Infectious disease doc needs to talk to cardiologist. Then it sounds like IV antibiotics and he will be better. 

2 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

You need to bring one of the dogs...

Amazon.com : Therapy Dog in Training Nylon Dog Vest Harness. Purchase Comes  with 2 Reflective Therapy Dog in Training Removable Patches. Please Measure  Your Dog Before Ordering (Girth 19-25", Purple) : Pet Supplies

Two of the three are volunteers at the hospital but COVID ban still on. J

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I was reading an article on therapy dogs today and I don't think Ruby can be one because she is so hyper and somewhat untrained.

Wow, that was unlucky to get that. :(

My dogs ate wild at home but the training and experience really made them great. Easier to teach a dog to calm than to try to peep up one. When I put on their therapy collar they get it. Airedales are good because they don’t shed and can fit near people too n

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

He has Legionella. This is what they just decided. Has not been near cooling towers in several years. Has not been in a big hotel with shared air conditioning. Has not been a pool, hot tub or fountain. They say it is not likely our well which tested excellent even before it ran through the uv just six months ago. Having it retested tomorrow.   Now waiting for cardiologist and infectious disease doc to determine treatment b

Glad you have an answer.  Possibly just aspirated some water that sat in a hose too long?    Once they start the drugs, the turn around should start too!

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, donkpow said:

Tsk, disappointing. Now I have to get my meds on the street. 

After my hospital stay back in 2016, I got some pain pills.   So a week later when I visited the doc for a follow up meeting.  He asked me if I needed more pain pills.  I told him I only took 2 maybe 3, so I don't need any.

This was the doc who has a 'strange' sense of humor.  He tells me... "You can probably sell each pill for $20 on the street." :frantics:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Envious 1

13 hours ago, Airehead said:

I think it is the high fever that impacted his ability to walk and his eye hand coordiantion

There is definitely a connection between fever and balance. My mom fell and passed out a few years ago when Dad was still alive. When they got her to the ER, she had a fever and was disoriented. As the fever dropped, she became lucid again, but it took a couple days for her to walk unaided. A couple different nurses have told me this is more common as people age. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, groupw said:

There is definitely a connection between fever and balance. My mom fell and passed out a few years ago when Dad was still alive. When they got her to the ER, she had a fever and was disoriented. As the fever dropped, she became lucid again, but it took a couple days for her to walk unaided. A couple different nurses have told me this is more common as people age. 

I believe this is what we are living right now. He is a bit disoriented again . This morning. 

• Hugs 3