Worried about Einstein

Airehead

54 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Has he been in ICU for closer treatment, or have they just not been able to get a room until now? 

He was in the emergency department since Tuesday evening. Now in a room but unfortunately with a roommate which sucks. He feels crappy and I suspect this won’t go super well. We shall see. 

• Hugs 4

44 minutes ago, Airehead said:

9BCDFCA2-2193-4602-A462-D978DD77BE7A.jpeg

If his roommate starts to get on his nerves, may I suggest an hour + of Mr. Barry Manilow at the maximum allowed level? 

Barry is one of those things that if it's your choice it can be soothing and relaxing.  If not, the roommate will do anything to leave.   :)

• Haha 3

My parents had a few troublesome roommates during their various hospital stays, but they also had some very nice ones who were good company and helpful.  I hope you get the latter.  But unfortunately hospitals are rarely restful places.   Glad to see he's continuing to improve.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Indeed.  I have been trying to do individually wrapped things because of the COVID.  I left a tote bag with a variety of candies, peanut butter snack crackers, and individually wrapped Walker's Shortbreads.  

Maybe tomorrow I will stop and get a giant box of individual packages of trail mix or something else that pretends to be healthy.

See what kind of coffee maker is in their break room. Caffeine is always a treat to the weary. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

My parents had a few troublesome roommates during their various hospital stays, but they also had some very nice ones who were good company and helpful.  I hope you get the latter.  But unfortunately hospitals are rarely restful places. 

My troublesome roommate was discharged during the day.  I was VERY glad he was gone...   I had 'my' room until 12:30 AM (yeah zero dark 30).   That was when my new roommate was moved into our room.  

Talk about not a restful place.  I'd bet it was 2 hours later when all the tests, set up for stuff, etc... was done.   I didn't sleep very good on a 'quiet' night... The nights are NOT that quiet at a hospital. 

The new roommate was very quite...  I suspect it was because he was very sick...   :(   He didn't talk much at all.  

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

He is feeling a bit better tonight. 

That's good news... 

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Talk about not a restful place.  I'd bet it was 2 hours later when all the tests, set up for stuff, etc... was done.   I didn't sleep very good on a 'quiet' night... The nights are NOT that quiet at a hospital. 

The hospital is where they perform the procedures

Home is where you heal  

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Further said:

The hospital is where they perform the procedures

Home is where you heal  

Yeah.... I was at home recovering for another week.  And then I worked for a few days at the local office.  (only a 4 mile drive)  I was soooo weak...  I needed time to recover and build my strength. 

I remember WoBG visiting me at the hospital, I needed to start walking again.  I walked about 70 feet down the hallway.  I turned around and walked back to my room.  WoBG... was confused.  She wanted me to walk the entire length of the hallway. This was a BIG hospital, that would have been a loooong way.   I told her I felt like I just ran a marathon.  

@Airehead, more prayers for Einstein...  I remember how weak I was... and how long it took to get back to normal.   Hoping for a fast recovery...

• Heart 4

7 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I walked about 70 feet down the hallway.  I turned around and walked back to my room.  WoBG... was confused.  She wanted me to walk the entire length of the hallway. This was a BIG hospital, that would have been a loooong way.   I told her I felt like I just ran a marathon

After a couple of days in the ICU I got moved into a regular room and one morning I felt brave and asked for help with a walk. I walked about 75 feet down the hall and back....took a pain killer shot and took a 2 hour nap. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

The hospitals don’t believe in the old saying “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”. They kept bugging me to tell them how they did and how I liked my hospital experience. I told them you don’t want to know. They insisted that they did want to know so I told them that my roommate should have had a private room. He needed way too much attention to be sharing a small room. Ever since I told them that I have had a nice big private room. I think my private room was bigger than my shared room.

• Heart 4

11 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The hospitals don’t believe in the old saying “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”. They kept bugging me to tell them how they did and how I liked my hospital experience. I told them you don’t want to know. They insisted that they did want to know so I told them that my roommate should have had a private room. He needed way too much attention to be sharing a small room. Ever since I told them that I have had a nice big private room. I think my private room was bigger than my shared room.

Do they have a dropdown where you can select a "Bless your heart" as the reply?  Go with that one!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Can they turn up the juice to 11 on his pacemaker?? ;)

I think it Maxs out at 150

Just now, Kirby said:

Sounds like good progress even if it's not quite as big steps as you might want.

I do think it is better. He went from floor 6 to Floor 4. Getting closer to the door. 

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Just moved from medical room to cardiology room. EKG just done. Walking a bit better. They think he will live so now trying to get his heart back in running order. 

Has he been doing any running since his airplane crash? I think running gives the heart more work than riding. Get him on the tandem and you can do most of the work until he gets his strength back.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Has he been doing any running since his airplane crash? I think running gives the heart more work than riding. Get him on the tandem and you can do most of the work until he gets his strength back.

Ran 5 miles on Thursday before becoming ill on Friday.  See running is evil 

58 minutes ago, Dottles said:

How old is Einstein if I may kindly ask?  If this were @Razors Edge he might annoyingly ask with a bit of snark.

65 -- 66 in October

• Heart 1