Second Greatest Train Station Ever

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by Ralphie,

5 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I haven't been there since the latest renovations.   When I take the train to the city, I go to Grand Central Station instead of Penn.

I have to use Penn Station when I take NJ Transit in.  It is functional enough but not elegant like Grand Central.  I guess it was nice in its glory days until they built something over it. :(

• Heart 2

Pennsylvania Station

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I have to use Penn Station when I take NJ Transit in.  It is functional enough but not elegant like Grand Central.  I guess it was nice in its glory days until they built something over it. :(

They tore the station down. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Milano Central is pretty darn grand!  Some say it is opulent.  I find it ugly, with the air of fascism.  It was built under the control of Mussolinin after all.  Pretty amazing though. 

milano-centrale-station.jpeg

It looked like a tomb to me from the outside. Inside more amazing. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Milano Central is pretty darn grand!  Some say it is opulent.  I find it ugly, with the air of fascism.  It was built under the control of Mussolinin after all.  Pretty amazing though. 

milano-centrale-station.jpeg

I think the Euros went overboard on their train stations.  Hard to imagine the d'Orsay with trains running into it, but at least the French found a good use for it.

1920px-Mus%C3%A9e_d'Orsay,_North-West_vi

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Milano Central is pretty darn grand!  

WoBG, our grandson, and I nearly were attacked by a mob there.

We took a train from Rome to Milan, carried our luggage to the outside, notice a waiting cab, just sitting there.   We got in and the cab, and he  started to drive to our hotel.  That's when the people in the area just went crazy.... 

As we drove away... THAT is when we noticed the looong line of people waiting for cabs.   Those bastard Americas cut in line.   :frantics:

We didn't see the line....  all we saw was the waiting cab.  We were tired and wanted to get to the hotel.  I didn't look for a line... I was looking for a cab and I found one.

• Haha 1