Do you have any scars that you can’t remember how you got?

Further

Amazingly my scars all fade away over time. I have a couple real faint ones from skin cancer removal. My kneecaps used to be all scar tissue, completely healed up over the years. Where they went in to pin my hip when I broke it, I can’t even find the scar. I used to have a scar where they went in my leg to fix my veins, gone. Smashed my ring finger at work, they stitched the end of my finger back on. It took years to heal, completely normal now.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Amazingly my scars all fade away over time. I have a couple real faint ones from skin cancer removal. My kneecaps used to be all scar tissue, completely healed up over the years. Where they went in to pin my hip when I broke it, I can’t even find the scar. I used to have a scar where they went in my leg to fix my veins, gone. Smashed my ring finger at work, they stitched the end of my finger back on. It took years to heal, completely normal now.

You are regenerating.

• Awesome 2

The big ones I remember. Falling off a horse and breaking my jaw and getting stitches. My brothers fault. Big scar on my shin from tripping over a tent stake while carting a dog crate.  An off duty EMT who was a former medic put a couple stitches in it so I did not miss my ring time.  My knee surgery scar is fading fast. 

I have a lot of little arm and leg scars and recall the incident where each one originated.

I grossed out my SiL this week about a 1" scar on the my left arm where I fell off a bicycle in our yard when I was about 12 years-old and slid on the grass so my arm slid under one of the sharp points at the bottom of the chain link fence.

I began to lift the fence off my arm, which was slightly cut, but my mother went into a panic, ran out into the yard, and tried to drag me by my legs out from under the fence.

I was kicking at her and yelling at her to stop because she was dragging the point at the bottom of the fence through my arm.

My father came out, pulled my hysterical mother away, and I extricated myself - with a deep 1" gash oozing a lot of blood.

We went to a hospital for stitches and I didn't leave my poor mother off the hook, telling her she needed to keep calm next time and we wouldn't be sitting in the emergency room waiting room.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1