My BIL is dying.

JerrySTL

8 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Not Covid. Arnold, who we moved into assisted living then a nursing home,  didn't keep his diabetes under control. He's had memory issues for the past few years. WoJSTL made the decision to just do comfort measures for him.

Looks like we will be in Cincinnati until the funeral whenever that will be. Probably by the end of the week.

Sorry, Jerry. 

10 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Arnold, who we moved into assisted living then a nursing home,       WoJSTL made the decision to just do comfort measures for him.

WoJSTL can go and visit???    Restrictions for visiting are relaxed compared to the last year?

Prayers sent... 

23 hours ago, donkpow said:

I'm thinking hospice type situation. We didn't have restrictions except wear a mask earlier when we dealt with this.

According to the hospice nurse and aide I had helping me with my wife typically people in a nursing home don’t last very long once they go on hospice. They don’t have the staff to give the kind of care that is needed.

33 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

According to the hospice nurse and aide I had helping me with my wife typically people in a nursing home don’t last very long once they go on hospice. They don’t have the staff to give the kind of care that is needed.

Yeah. Depending on at what point a person gets there. Some enter and leave and come back. Others enter and never come out. Palliative care doesn't treat a problem, just makes things more bearable. The worst are those that have to linger without joy.