Would You Miss Pennies?

Razors Edge

Penny Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Miss The Penny?

• Yes - I happily carry a coin purse!
    • No - that is sooooo 1970.
    • Cash? Coins? WTF???? Is this the 20th Century???
    • 42, Meh, H&B, Jsharr is a dolt, & Suck it, n00b!

10 minutes ago, donkpow said:

A significant source of income for me is picking up pennies others have lost or discarded.

you sound like Earl. A guy I worked with. He was always picking up pennies the guys discarded. Someone started throwing their pennies in the urinal to see if he would pick them out of there. Sure enough he did. Then they started throwing them in the shower room. I wonder how many pennies he accumulated over the years? His locker was next to mine, I always put spare change in his boots. He would put his boots on, get a big smile on his face and say ca Ching. Take his boots back off, dump the coins into his hand and put his boots back on.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

If we got rid of the ridiculous penny, and did what the smart CAnadians have done, would you care?

Holland did away with pennies ages ago. They round everything to the nearest $.05. Much easier that way but anymore I don’t carry cash so really don’t care if something is $15.03.

2 hours ago, Mr Beanz said:

Only that most products would be rounded up and not down. :unsure:

Actually if you pay for anything with debit or credit, it is still the amount.  The rounding only takes place if cash is involved.  Then here it is up to 2 cents rounded down,  3 -4 cents are rounded up.

• Heart 2

53 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I keep a quarter in my car because you need one to get a shopping cart at Aldi - and get one back when you return it to the rack.

Otherwise I very rarely deal with coins at all.

Frickin'!!!!!! I hate when people don't put their carts away. Leave them there to bang your car or block you from getting a space. I'll walk 50 yards to put my cart away rather than lower myself to cart return scum. 100 if I have to! :angry:

• Heart 1