full of holes

12string

First it was the flue shot.  Then the finger jab for blood tests.  Then 4 shots of novocaine.  Now the hole where the wisdom tooth used to be won't stop bleeding.

The worst part is, the blood tests were part of the free health screening at work.  Nailed my highest BP ever taken outside an emergency care facility.  Not sure why.  But I was really PO'd they didn't even take my pulse.  I so would have beaten everybody on that one!  Now they just think I'm a walking heart attack!

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

First it was the flue shot.  Then the finger jab for blood tests.  Then 4 shots of novocaine.  Now the hole where the wisdom tooth used to be won't stop bleeding.

The worst part is, the blood tests were part of the free health screening at work.  Nailed my highest BP ever taken outside an emergency care facility.  Not sure why.  But I was really PO'd they didn't even take my pulse.  I so would have beaten everybody on that one!  Now they just think I'm a walking heart attack!

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Ha, you don’t even know what full of holes is. Although yesterday they drew 11 tubes   of blood out of the same hole. I don’t know how many holes they will poke in me tomorrow, maybe just one for the contrast.

I went in for my labs the other day. They take 3 vials now but the lady was really good & did it quickly.  

I’m guessing 11 would have had me splayed out on the floor! 

Just now, 12string said:

I probably should have done the wisdom tooth BEFORE the blood work, could have saved a hole.

This wasn't a full workup, just the useless non fasting cholesterol triglicerides thing.  Makes the insurance company happy.

Wow wisdom teeth at your age? Now I don’t know your age but am guessing you aren’t in your early 20’s…. I still have my wisdom teeth and hope they never have to be removed…

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I went in for my labs the other day. They take 3 vials now but the lady was really good & did it quickly.  

I’m guessing 11 would have had me splayed out on the floor! 

It took the phlebotomist a half hour to figure out the three pages of blood orders and one pee test. She made about four phone calls. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

but the lady was really good & did it quickly.  

Back in 2016 when I was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks, every morning at 6 AM a nurse would arrive and take blood and my BP, etc...   They were good at it too, except for....

One day she thru out the sharps and the blood in to the sharp container.   She was started to type stuff in to the computer.  I asked her... "So... you didn't need the blood?"   That's when she looked and realized what she did.  :blink:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

How are you feeling today?  

fine.

Felt fine yesterday, it was just annoying that I couldn't stop the bleed.  Took about 4 hours!  There was a warning that I could have sinus issues since the root of the tooth was actually into the sinus, but no indication today.

The knee is still al little sore, I'm wondering now if that injury might have bumped up the BP.

13 minutes ago, 12string said:

fine.

Felt fine yesterday, it was just annoying that I couldn't stop the bleed.  Took about 4 hours!  There was a warning that I could have sinus issues since the root of the tooth was actually into the sinus, but no indication today.

The knee is still al little sore, I'm wondering now if that injury might have bumped up the BP.

same thing happened to my wife.  Tooth extraction and the socket kept bleeding.