Damn...it is only Wednesday!

petitepedal

Reading about all the delayed deliveries from FEDEX.  They seem to have become worse than the post office.....................almost.  Another delivery was here in town a couple of days ago and seems to have been left on the truck which delivered it to somewhere in Maine where they are attempting to find out what to do with it by shuttling it from post office to post office.

I remember when the post office used to work well.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

WOW!!!!

I guess you would have heard and not seen the train had it been full of propane :)

Yes. Can’t imagine how different that would have been. I’m guessing it happened less than 10 minutes before I got there. I was probably less than 2 miles away when it derailed. 

The one eyed boy was too embarrassed to go to the dance. He didn't know if the one legged girl would want to go with him.

The one legged girl didn't think anyone would ask her to the dance but hoped so dearly.

The one eyed boy put in his best wooden eye and mustered the courage to ask the girl to the dance. He said to her, "Would you like to go to the dance with me"?

She said with much excitement, "Would I, would I"?!

He said, "Peg leg, peg leg"! Turned and walked away.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, donkpow said:

The one eyed boy was too embarrassed to go to the dance. He didn't know if the one legged girl would want to go with him.

The one legged girl didn't think anyone would ask her to the dance but hoped so dearly.

The one eyed boy put in his best wooden eye and mustered the courage to ask the girl to the dance. He said to her, "Would you like to go to the dance with me"?

She said with much excitement, "Would I, would I"?!

He said, "Peg leg, peg leg"! Turned and walked away.

That’s a kinder gentler version of this story than the one I heard back in the 70s.

• Heart 1