It's starting!

Kirby

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

And heating bills.

Folks at least can get out and start prepping for winter now without looking odd.  Chopping some wood, making sure the snowblower works, inspecting the roof and gutters, giving a nice check of potential dead trees along property line, etc..  If you are burning wood or the like, a chimney inspection is often helpful too.

Maybe get the snow tires out of storage and make sure those are ready to go.  Even bring down the winter stuff from storage - hats, gloves, mittens, scarfs, boots, leggings, heavy coats, etc..  And for the sporty, review the skis, sleds, toboggans, snowshoes, and snowboards to make sure none of that stuff was put away in disrepair.  Make sure the salt, shovels, and ice picks are nearby too, just in case an early storm rolls in.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Autumn starts today !  Go celebrate with pumpkin spice tea and apple cider donuts!  :skipping:

reminds me of a joke.

Guy comes home after a hard day at work and his wife is there.  He plops down on the couch and says "Quick honey, get me a beer before it starts."

The wife is intrigued so she obliges and the husband drinks the beer with a pleased look on his face. 

The husband says "Quick honey get me another one before it starts!"  The wife is really curious now so she gets him another beer which he drinks.

The husband says "Hey hon, how about one more before it starts...."  The wife getting fed up starts yelling "WHO DO THINK YOU ARE?  YOU COME HOME AND DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE HOUSE I'VE BEEN CLEANING ALL DAY.  YOU JUST SIT ON THE COUCH AND DRINK BEER AND DON'T DO ANYTHING TO HELP WITH THE KIDS OR DINNER, BLA BLA, BLA....."

The husband says "Oh shit, it started".

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

hats, gloves, mittens, scarfs, boots, leggings, heavy coats, etc.. 

We keep these in a basket in the hallway closet, ready for camping in the mountains during summer. We’ll need them next weekend to watch balloons in the morning. 

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Folks at least can get out and start prepping for winter now without looking odd.  Chopping some wood, making sure the snowblower works, inspecting the roof and gutters, giving a nice check of potential dead trees along property line, etc..  If you are burning wood or the like, a chimney inspection is often helpful too.

Maybe get the snow tires out of storage and make sure those are ready to go.  Even bring down the winter stuff from storage - hats, gloves, mittens, scarfs, boots, leggings, heavy coats, etc..  And for the sporty, review the skis, sleds, toboggans, snowshoes, and snowboards to make sure none of that stuff was put away in disrepair.  Make sure the salt, shovels, and ice picks are nearby too, just in case an early storm rolls in.

This thread cracks me up. Let me see, I’ll pull a hoodie out from the back of the closet and find my sweat pants that are buried in a drawer.

Check, ready for winter! 😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I may or may not mow my lawn again. Last year when I was taking care of my wife I let it go and in the springtime I couldn’t tell the difference.

Started mowing... or at least the edging pre-mowing. IT'S WORSE! Pressure cleaned the sidewalks and driveway a month ago. Now, here come the acorns staining it. Wait a month for the acorns to fully drop...then pressure clean again, but this time with a bleach/soap solution to remove the streaking stains!

1 minute ago, Tizeye said:

Started mowing... or at least the edging pre-mowing. IT'S WORSE! Pressure cleaned the sidewalks and driveway a month ago. Now, here come the acorns staining it. Wait a month for the acorns to fully drop...then pressure clean again, but this time with a bleach/soap solution to remove the streaking stains!

Oak makes good firewood.  Solves the acorn problem and you can take a nice load of firewood camping for years!

• Heart 1

Taking a break from mowing (re-fill tank) with neighbor walking his dog. Mentioned the acorn issue as he saw me pressure washing last month. He reflected on last year when the HOA sent out nastygrams, where I replied with the acorn excuse, plus county paint marking sections of sidewalk to be replaced, would wash away the paint. He is a retired Navy Captain, 86 y/o today, and a bit more blunt. He wrote them that he was waiting for his nuts to fall. If they thought his nuts were taking too long to fall, they should contact his attorney about his nuts not falling. :happyanim:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Seriously?  Isn't all that preparation and checking just a little OCD?  I bet you even check to make sure you pants on before going to work.  Sheeesh.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kirby said:

Autumn starts today !  Go celebrate with pumpkin spice tea and apple cider donuts!  :skipping:

I showed a neighbor the inside of the house today for the first time. She was amazed at the high-tech appliances, expensive Hunter ceiling fans, etc. etc.

Hopefully the outside will catch up!

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Taking a break from mowing (re-fill tank) with neighbor walking his dog. Mentioned the acorn issue as he saw me pressure washing last month. He reflected on last year when the HOA sent out nastygrams, where I replied with the acorn excuse, plus county paint marking sections of sidewalk to be replaced, would wash away the paint. He is a retired Navy Captain, 86 y/o today, and a bit more blunt. He wrote them that he was waiting for his nuts to fall. If they thought his nuts were taking too long to fall, they should contact his attorney about his nuts not falling. :happyanim:

I wonder if his voice will change, too?