Deja vu

Parsnip Totin Jack

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is the original broken or just looking for an upgrade?

End of life is getting closer. It’s running on propane and the oven gets a layer of soot over a month or so due to poor combustion. The burner igniters are having performance issues as well. We had service take a look at it and they said replace in the next 12 months. We have a homeowner warranty to cover part of the costs. 

• Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

What fuels the new range and oven? 
I like my double ovens. Roasted veggies and baked a ham at the same time at vastly different temperatures. 

It is natural gas. We would have to convert it to propane as that is what we have. I could convert to electric but that would require an electrician to install a 240 outlet. I’d rather not have an overhead microwave; I’ll replace that with a good exhaust fan and light. Microwave can sit on a counter somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

End of life is getting closer. It’s running on propane and the oven gets a layer of soot over a month or so due to poor combustion. The burner igniters are having performance issues as well. We had service take a look at it and they said replace in the next 12 months. We have a homeowner warranty to cover part of the costs. 

Sounds like it is almost time to take it out back and put it out of its misery.  

FTR @Old No. 7, the BEST time to do a full kitchen remodel is when you are getting new appliances (and vice versa).  That way, all the appliances MATCH. All the appliances FIT. And all the appliances COMPLEMENT the rest of the kitchen design and layout.  It's why @MickinMD burned his house down, and why @Dirtyhip started from scratch.  WAY EASIER than getting a new range, noticing something doesn't quite fit or look right, changing some other stuff, still seeing disharmony, and getting sucked into a series of changes that eat up time, budgets, and sanity.

Just gut the kitchen and start FRESH!

Just now, Razors Edge said:

FTR @Old No. 7, the BEST time to do a full kitchen remodel is when you are getting new appliances (and vice versa).  That way, all the appliances MATCH. All the appliances FIT. And all the appliances COMPLEMENT the rest of the kitchen design and layout.  It's why @MickinMD burned his house down, and why @Dirtyhip started from scratch.  WAY EASIER than getting a new range, noticing something doesn't quite fit or look right, changing some other stuff, still seeing disharmony, and getting sucked into a series of changes that eat up time, budgets, and sanity.

Just gut the kitchen and start FRESH!

Great idea, when shall I swing by to borrow your credit card?