What do you do when you have to work out, but you don’t want to?

MoseySusan
Go to solution Solved by Dottleshead,

Many days, before a planned bike ride, I think I am feeling like crap and I should just forget it for the day.  But then, I usually summon up the energy to get dressed and I go for a ride anyway.

Some of those days are my best days on the bike!  When I return from my ride, I think how glad I am that I didn't stay home.   :)

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Many days, before a planned bike ride, I think I am feeling like crap and I should just forget it for the day.  But then, I usually summon up the energy to get dressed and I go for a ride anyway.

Some of those days are my best days on the bike!  When I return from my ride, I think how glad I am that I didn't stay home.   :)

I agree with this. My best bike riding day came after I rode an 80 miler the day before and was both tight and sore the next day and could barely move. I didn’t want to go but pushed my way through it. And then something glorious happened. The best biking day of my life.

• Awesome 2

14 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

Yada yada yada… This is somehow about Kzoo! Yada yada… beer…farting….walk with a binder…elevator.

This is far better than ANY @jsharr parody, except, of course, when he adds a custom avatar for Kzoo in the parody.  That's a rare gem for him.

33 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I gave been very irregular in exercise and am trying to get back on track.

If I don't feel like doing any dedicated exercise, I try to make sure I do something that burns calories even if it's just walking the dog.

Same. I don’t have a dog, though. I usually turn on some music and clean the house. 

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

I could look into that. Maybe the Cafe needs a Dredge Meter? I feel a vocation stirring. 

Min = 0  Max = 1.

There would be no reason for any dredge to rate higher than a 1 (a Meh).  In fact, a rating that high would be impossible in a sane world as well, so maybe Min = Max where Min = 0???

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Min = 0  Max = 1.

There would be no reason for any dredge to rate higher than a 1 (a Meh).  In fact, a rating that high would be impossible in a sane world as well, so maybe Min = Max where Min = 0???

You make it seem like there’s a reason for a rating. 
I’ll add that the joy of “the bot” rating is the binary “like: don’t like”. No rules, no grammar to it.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I gave been very irregular in exercise and am trying to get back on track.

If I don't feel like doing any dedicated exercise, I try to make sure I do something that burns calories even if it's just walking the dog.

Before my recent electrical upgrade, I moved Wo2's virtually unused (ever) treadmill back into the living space. I walk while the kettle comes to a boil, I walk the 4 minutes it takes my French press to steep, I walk ~8 minutes before dinner, I walk ~8 minutes after the news & a maybe one more time before bed.

I've been walking 4-5 times per day at work. We have a fenced/walled in area where I can do a couple of figure 8s in about 7 minutes, ~750 steps/event.

• Awesome 1