I Never Got To Pick The Solution!

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Randomguy,

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Bullseye (target) - Wikipedia

Yet no one calls it out as such.  Weird.  Not sure if you folks are mamby pamby or just happy letting others stupid and wholly selfish actions keep you and your loved ones in a circle jerk of absurdity.  :( 

Folks should do what they think is best doesn't really work when it kills lots of folks not playing that game too.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yet no one calls it out as such.  Weird.  Not sure if you folks are mamby pamby or just happy letting others stupid and wholly selfish actions keep you and your loved ones in a circle jerk of absurdity.  :( 

Folks should do what they think is best doesn't really work when it kills lots of folks not playing that game too.

You missed the point...

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

let it go GIF

41 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It sure would be a crappy way to deal with a problem, wouldn't it?  Just let the inmates run the asylum and stay out of their way or it's your fault.

You are painting with a pretty wide brush. When you started going back and forth with the poster that had known folks killed by a drunk driver was when your thread went into the toilet. However you appeared so wound up with your 'satire' that you probably did not notice what was happening. Remember, other folks have feelings.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

You missed the point...

The point is we can't talk about drunk driving? Or how stupid drunk driving is? Or how stupid it would be to let the drunk drivers run wild in normal society? Or how irrational it would be to let the drunks decide what the non-drunks can and cannot do safely?  Or how bat-sheot crazy it  sounds when someone starts pretending drunk driving is a personal decision with no greater impact?

I think that's the point. But maybe I missed the disagreement.  Maybe we can apply the same common sense we do to drunk driving - bad for society, criminal in most cases, requiring a strong focus and proper punishment - to other societal challenges we may be facing???

Just now, sheep_herder said:

You are painting with a pretty wide brush. When you started going back and forth with the poster that had known folks killed by a drunk driver was when your thread went into the toilet. However you appeared so wound up with your 'satire' that you probably did not notice what was happening. Remember, other folks have feelings.

Yeah - I did feel bad Beanz got sucked into it.  Just like I feel bad when I read about folks who have struggled with or are even currently struggling with issues that fall out of "personal decisions" made in error on a national level.  My sorrow, though, doesn't bring lost ones back when they are taken for no rational or fair reason.  Drunk driving and other wholly selfish behavior has real impacts on people, and it would be nice if we'd stop pretending or looking the other way are the best approaches (or honorable approaches).

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I did feel bad Beanz got sucked into it.

I came in when it was clear that Beanz didn’t have any idea where you were coming from, and was clearly getting upset with it. So I tried to explain things weren’t as they seemed. But I didn’t see where it went from there, I had to assume it went into the ditch when it disappeared. Or maybe it started in the ditch and went into the mud. 

• Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I came in when it was clear that Beanz didn’t have any idea where you were coming from, and was clearly getting upset with it. So I tried to explain things weren’t as they seemed. But I didn’t see where it went from there, I had to assume it went into the ditch when it disappeared. Or maybe it started in the ditch and went into the mud. 

You tried to grab the wheel, but I'm the sort of drunk driver that won't let others steer when I'm at the wheel!  Nice try, though.