Thrurs Nite Ride with Buds Video

Mr. Beanz

22 miles with some friends. Nice evening ride with about 1.100 ft of gain. We are the somewhat split off of another group who does the same ride over and over and over for like 15 years, seriously. Some guy on another forum who talked big bike stories invited me to join his group last year, It was cool but the guy was scared to death of the words "elevation gain".  The same 24 mile ride over and over and over with 700 ft of gain. He got really offended when I suggested some climbing rides per request of other members. So screw it, we got tired of doing the same ride over and over and over so we are doing our thing. We do maybe 20+ miles with 1100 to 1700 ft of gain most times depending on our mood. First it was just Sandra and I and now 2 others makes 4. Not that we are trying to get more riders but some are just asking seeing we do something different than the same ride over and over and over. We ride the same area but we incorporate bigger and longer climbs than the other group who focus more on fast downhills. You can see Sandra in this video saying we need more climbing.  Sometimes we do those 14% grades when we can find them ha ha ha! The ride leader of the old group, he wouldn't even consider doing these climbs. So, it's a nice little group with nice roads and climbs, and loving it!

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Fun :)

What's Rosarito?

Yeah, I knew when I typed it I should have posted the entire name. I forget I'm not posting to locals only.

http://www.rosaritoensenada.com/ingles/evento.php

Rosarito-Ensenada fun ride.  50 mile ride one way from one city in Mexico to the other. Both are party towns. At one time, 10,000 riders. Nice rolling road along the coast in Roasarito, heads inland for some hills, then back to the coast in Ensenada.

It's a blast, Gina and I did it on the tandem as well back in 2000'ish. I'd done it 5 or 6 times over the years till the 911 thing when they closed the borders. I ain't traveling to Mexico with all that went on seeing I don't speak Spanish.  :D

3 of us would pitch in to rent a beach house at the start then have a good time over the weekend. I'm just not crazy about crossing the border anymore.

My buddy just did it this weekend, The stats and profile.

We had a group of about 10 guys that would go down to ride. We all talked about doing some kind of friendly game of making a trophy for the fasted guy keeping it all year till the next when someone else could beat him. One of the guys was pretty serious about it so when I won, he whined about it and the game was short lived. :D I won with a time of 2:34 on the ride.  The goal of all our buddy riders was to see who could break 2:30 first.  Some of us rode with our training partners. I did but my buddy Mike bonked on the last little climb. So I waited for him. He told me to go ahead but I have this train together ride together mentality. I slowed on the last coastal section to about 15 mph because he could barely turn the pedals. This was a section where usually it's easy to hold 21. He, against my suggestion, chased some dude who went by on the big hill saying he could keep up with him. His ego killed him. By the time he was to the top, he popped. I should have left him behind but.............. 

It's a really cool ride. Well, if you can get past the toll roads heading back with 20 soldiers pointing machine guns at you ha ha ha! Gina used to drive my truck from one city to the other alone to pick us up. But she got nervous with the set up over there. So we haven't been back in years. Done it enough times anyway. But it is a blast once you get 5 miles down the road ahead of the MTBs and cruisers. If you ever try it, line up super early and get toward the front of the huge group at the start line.

Just did the math, we had a 19 average to finish in 2:34. But that is with hopping on big packs along the early coastal area. Guys are rolling fast on the first section. :party: Couple years back, my buddy met Peter Sagan on the ride and got a few pics with him.

Gina and I did it on the tandem in 2:50.  About a 17.5 average speed. That was a blast! 

Capture55.JPG

• Awesome 1