Have you ever ordered something from the McDonald's drive thru

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by team scooter,

1 minute ago, team scooter said:

Once on a trip we ordered two quarter pounders with cheese value meals at a drive thru. After we pulled back onto the expressway we found the sandwiches had no meat. When we drove all the way back, they replaced the sandwiches, but wouldn't even give us a coupon or two for our trouble.  :angry: 

But this wasn't your fault. Horrible service is almost a given.  

I ordered a large Hi-C orange for myself and 20 nuggets for Edgar. Paid, then drove off when she handed me the soda. 

When I got home, Edgar made me go back for the nuggets.   

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

We bought breakfast for the granddaughters at the drive thru. After we drove away and we were halfway to the granddaughters house my wife said hey there is too much food here. They must have given us somebody else’s order too. I felt bad about driving away with someone else’s food but if we brought it back they would have thrown it away anyway.

• Heart 2

44 minutes ago, team scooter said:

After we pulled back onto the expressway we found the sandwiches had no meat. When we drove all the way back, they replaced the sandwiches, but wouldn't even give us a coupon or two for our trouble.  :angry: 

So... how do you think the person who ordered vegetarian quarter pounders felt??? 

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Paid at the first window, then drove away without receiving your food?  

Never...     Then again it's been years since I've gone to McDs.  

• Confused 1

No never done that.

Ever see those trash cans near the drive through that have  a duck bill looking thing on top to throw trash in?  I used to crack my kids up when they were little by placing the order into the duck bill looking trash can thing. 

That’s probably the lamest thing I have done at the drive thru.

• Haha 1

We recently had a drive through disaster. It was a 2 lane drive through, and the moron to our left wouldn’t yield in zipper fashion. So they were given our order, and it took about 15 minutes for the staff to sort it out. They didn’t have us pull forward, they just let the line get longer and longer. At one point 4 food service professionals were staring at the computer trying to figure it out. 

• Haha 2

• Solution
26 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I’ve gone to the gas station, paid for gas and coffee and drove away from the pumps without gassing up.  I all most did that this past Saturday.  Just caught myself.

While snowmobiling up nort I stopped at a quickiemart, filled up with gas, then went in, picked up snacks and told the counter guy I had gas on pump three. He rang me up, I swiped my card, stuffed the receipt in my jacket pocket, and rode away. A few hours later I was back at the motel room, cleaning oot my pockets, checking receipts, and discovered the gas wasn't added to the receipt. Drove back to pay for my gas, and they all looked at me like I was from a different planet. They said people ride away without paying all the time (often on purpose). I was the first person to come back and actually pay.

• Hugs 1

Many years ago I was walking in to pay for my gas and my dad was walking out. We talked for a long time in the parking lot before deciding we should head home. I walked in the door to the house and WoW had a smirk on her face. She asked if I forgot to do something. I said no. I got the gas like I planned. She asked “Did you pay for it?” 
Shit. 
Luckily it was only 5-10 minutes to the station. The attendant laughed. She knew it was an honest mistake because she knew my dad and saw us talking. She was able to look me up in the phone book because Dad had said my name a couple times when they had visited.  
As far as McDonald’s, I avoid them for the most part. I rarely do any drive through. My exception is the McDonald’s on 2nd street. They put very nice people at the windows. The one lady must have retired. I have not seen her for a while. She could make your lunch hour, if not your day, with her friendly greeting! 

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, Further said:

I once got caught up in the action at an auction and was actually bidding against myself.

I was pretty young, the auctioneer was a grizzled old fellow, looked something like Charlie Daniels.

Anyway, he stopped the patter, looked straight at me and said something along the line of ' son you ain't going to win if you don't quit out bidding yourself'

I felt a bit stupid, but it was a charity event and I really wanted whatever it was.

were you at my table a couple months ago? I was bidding mostly for entertainment. I was prepared for an amount on a paddle raise. Sara with an H pokes me & says get something for your $$$. Bidding gets down to 2 of us. I can't see the other bidder. I reflexively raise my number. They spotter mutters under his breath that I am high bidder......oooppsie

• Heart 2

31 minutes ago, groupw said:

Many years ago I was walking in to pay for my gas and my dad was walking out. We talked for a long time in the parking lot before deciding we should head home. I walked in the door to the house and WoW had a smirk on her face. She asked if I forgot to do something. I said no. I got the gas like I planned. She asked “Did you pay for it?” 

Many years ago I went to the office on a Saturday.  I took one of my young daughters with me.  I stopped for gas/coffee/something for her (pre pay the pump/pay before pumping).  I filled the tank, went in with her, bought stuff - everything but paying for the gas I just pumped.  This was a fairly small town.  When I got home that afternoon I had a message on my answering machine from the town's Chief of Police looking to arrest me if I didn't pay by the end of the day.  I jumped in my car and went to pay and apologize.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Many years ago I went to the office on a Saturday.  I took one of my young daughters with me.  I stopped for gas/coffee/something for her (pre pay the pump/pay before pumping).  I filled the tank, went in with her, bought stuff - everything but paying for the gas I just pumped.  This was a fairly small town.  When I got home that afternoon I had a message on my answering machine from the town's Chief of Police looking to arrest me if I didn't pay by the end of the day.  I jumped in my car and went to pay and apologize.

You couldn't have shared this earlier?  

12 minutes ago, 12string said:

1.  I avoid McDonalds like the plague, since the plague is better for your health

2.  I have never, and never will, use a drive in.  They should be banned, at least until we stop using them to burn fossil fuel, not calories.

1) Cheap and fast coffee.

2) Cheap and fast coffee.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

1) Cheap and fast coffee.

2) Cheap and fast coffee.

crappy coffee at any price.

They put a Starbucks in the same parking lot as the gym.  There are mornings the line is all the way out on the highway, blocking the lot entrance.  I can't get in to the gym because of all the people too lazy to park and walk, preferring instead to sit in a line for about 1/2 hour.  It's pretty annoying.  Not to mention they're paying way to much for over roasted, overmarketed coffee and there's a WaWa the next block down.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

crappy coffee at any price.

They put a Starbucks in the same parking lot as the gym.  There are mornings the line is all the way out on the highway, blocking the lot entrance.  I can't get in to the gym because of all the people too lazy to park and walk, preferring instead to sit in a line for about 1/2 hour.  It's pretty annoying.  Not to mention they're paying way to much for over roasted, overmarketed coffee and there's a WaWa the next block down.

In middle America, it may be the ONLY coffee that is quick and easy to get. Sadly, WaWa isn't all across the US :(