Steelers About To Get Bumped By The Ravens???

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

What do you thing, @MickinMD????

Ravens rushing record?

The Baltimore Ravens are on the cusp of tying a long-held record by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Ravens have rushed for at least 100 yards as a team every game for 42 consecutive weeks. As researched by Steelers Depot, the Steelers currently hold that record at 43 games, from Dec. 8, 1974 to Dec. 12, 1977.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh was asked about the potential accomplishment Wednesday.

“I remember I was a Browns fan, and we never beat them,” Harbaugh said. “I remember that. It probably had to do with rushing for all those yards. I was a kid. So, I remember Franco Harris and [former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach] Chuck Noll. I really do admire Chuck Noll. I really have a lot of respect for him. I read a lot of the things that he said. So, sure, that’s something that counts for something. It’s kind of not really in the forefront of our thinking right now at all, but it’s something, for sure.”

The Ravens will try to tie that mark Sunday against the Denver Broncos. The Denver defense has allowed only 26 points in three games, yielding just 59.3 yards on the ground per contest. However, their opponents (Giants, Jaguars, and Jets) are a combined 0-9.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

What do you thing, @MickinMD????

Ravens rushing record?

The Baltimore Ravens are on the cusp of tying a long-held record by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Ravens have rushed for at least 100 yards as a team every game for 42 consecutive weeks. As researched by Steelers Depot, the Steelers currently hold that record at 43 games, from Dec. 8, 1974 to Dec. 12, 1977.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh was asked about the potential accomplishment Wednesday.

“I remember I was a Browns fan, and we never beat them,” Harbaugh said. “I remember that. It probably had to do with rushing for all those yards. I was a kid. So, I remember Franco Harris and [former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach] Chuck Noll. I really do admire Chuck Noll. I really have a lot of respect for him. I read a lot of the things that he said. So, sure, that’s something that counts for something. It’s kind of not really in the forefront of our thinking right now at all, but it’s something, for sure.”

The Ravens will try to tie that mark Sunday against the Denver Broncos. The Denver defense has allowed only 26 points in three games, yielding just 59.3 yards on the ground per contest. However, their opponents (Giants, Jaguars, and Jets) are a combined 0-9.

It's likely the Ravens, who lead the NFL in rushing this year despite having their top 3 running backs out for the season, will rush for well over 100 yards but...

1. The Broncos have the 2nd best record against running backs in the NFL, allowing 43 yds/game rushing and 0 TD's - though they haven't played a team that has won a single game this year (0-9 combined record).

2  Note that the Ravens are also 18th out of 32 in passing yards and have two injured wide receivers back this week for the first time this year, one being set-the-preseason-on-fire Rashod Bateman, this year's 1st round draft pick.  So if the Raven's lots-of-defensive-backs-hurt defense falls behind, that 100 yards rushing may be in jeopardy with Hollywood Brown, Sammy Watkins, Mark Andrews and Rashod Bateman to throw to.