How many trees have you planted in your lifetime?

Dirtyhip

We are at 21 so far.

4 at Chickenville. It was already in the forest so not many were needed.

2 at the city lot.  it was small and we had a gigntic elm already.  

15 here at our current place.  We have 10 trees on order right now and we will likely add a few more to the planting this year. I want some aspens and maybe a few friot trees.

• Heart 1

I didn’t count them. Probably over 200. When we bought this house it was built in the corner of a corn field so first thing I did was plant 100 white pines around the property line. I also planted apple, peach, and cherry trees. I planted a black walnut tree that I got from my dad. I planted trees at every house we lived at. I planted trees when I worked at the retreat center and I planted trees at the clinic and the doctor’s house where I did the landscaping.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

50 at the old house but only one here.   Prior to that, too many to count. I worked for a landscaper and lived on the property while I was in college. The all female crew planted stuff for lots of people plus we had a Christmas tree farm so we were always planting something new. 

I've only planted trees at the other house I owned.

At my last house, I planted dwarf red and yellow Japanese plum trees, a semi-dwarf sweet cherry tree, a dwarf nectarine tree, a dwarf pear tree, and a dwarf 5-in-one apple tree (red and yellow delicious, Macintosh, Cortland, and Northern Spy.

All did well except for the Apple tree, which was in a corner of the yard that didn't get as much sun as the others and needed more spraying.

I had the last of four Canadian maples that were planted in my current yard around 1948. The other three had developed problems and I decided not to wait for 30 feet-high #4 to do so. I want to plant some dwarf or semi dwarf trees, some flowering bushes, and  build a trellis over a picnic table for grape vines.  If I plant a fruit tree, it will probably be a self-pollinating sweet cherry, though the wax (less attractive to birds) cherries I love usually require two trees to cross-pollinate.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I used to be chief hole digger when I was a teen and my mom wanted some stuff planted.  More bushes, but some trees.  Never fun in rocky or clay soil. :angry:

I met one of my neighbors decades ago as he saw me struggling with digging a hole for a Purple Leaf Plum in very tough soil in the front yard.  He lent me a digging bar, something I never knew existed.  Turns oot we both went to the same college 350 miles away.  It's a Small World After All!

• Heart 1

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

I met one of my neighbors decades ago as he saw me struggling with digging a hole for a Purple Leaf Plum in very tough soil in the front yard.  He lent me a digging bar, something I never knew existed.

Yeah - I had the normal "post hole" digger (sort of clamshell thingie?), and an assortment of shovels and picks.  Nothing else.  My "labor" was FREE to my mom, so she wasn't going out and getting me anything to make my life easier :angry: