Do you sometimes get Bob Seger confused with Bruce Springsteen?

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by Ralphie,

I like early Bob Seeger better than early Springsteen. It had more blues roots to it. He moved away from that as years went by. 
Springsteen had a lot of Phil Spector“Wall of Sound”going on especially in the earlier albums. By the Nebraska album, he let the songs speak for themselves more. 
I saw Springsteen on the Born in the USA tour in 1984. One of the best concerts I have ever seen and I was a casual fan at the time. 
I have yet to see Seeger live. I’m heard he is still amazing. 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, groupw said:

I like early Bob Seeger better than early Springsteen. It had more blues roots to it. He moved away from that as years went by. 
Springsteen had a lot of Phil Spector“Wall of Sound”going on especially in the earlier albums. By the Nebraska album, he let the songs speak for themselves more. 
I saw Springsteen on the Born in the USA tour in 1984. One of the best concerts I have ever seen and I was a casual fan at the time. 
I have yet to see Seeger live. I’m heard he is still amazing. 

This seems to prove my point at least somewhat.  

This is the song that I'd say intersects their careers. 

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

No. It is Bob Seger/Pete Seger, Springsteen/Tom Waits, and Arlo  Guthrie/Woody Guthry. 

You're telling me if you were listening to the car radio and Hollywood Nights came on you don't hear a little Springsteen?   :(

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Hmmm, when you put it that way I guess snot!  Multiple confusion pathways do exist I grant you. :(

Maybe not even the voices as much as the energy they deliver it with AND their backup bands. 

Even the subjects of their music has similarities,  just different locals.