An important and useful PSA

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by Square Wheels,

When you copy and paste text on this site, this prompt will appear right after you paste.

Capture.JPG.85913cb7f350b7c09197efe812e32245.JPG   

It is always best to click on "Paste as plain text instead".  If you use rich text, the font size and color will remain as original, possibly causing the pasted material to be invisible or nearly invisible to people using a different theme than you are using.  At the very least it looks like crap.

Here is an example of RG's recent post regarding comas.  I use the carbon theme.  He is using something else.  His text is nearly impossible for me to read. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.67c5492d81f98bc2d7d9217ee6294773.JPG 

• Thank You 3

Just now, Road Runner said:

When you copy and paste text on this site, this prompt will appear right after you paste.

Capture.JPG.85913cb7f350b7c09197efe812e32245.JPG   

It is always best to click on "Paste as plain text instead".  If you use rich text, the font size and color will remain as original, possibly causing the pasted material to be invisible or nearly invisible to people using a different theme than you are using.  At the very least it looks like crap.

Here is an example of RG's recent post regarding comas.  I use the carbon theme.  He is using something else.  His text is nearly impossible for me to read. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.67c5492d81f98bc2d7d9217ee6294773.JPG 

I was trying to hide this from you.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Uh, you are better off not reading 75+% of RG's work - especially the cut and paste kind.  He's just trying to get out of Flahutopia and reach the Dirty Yellow T-shirt club.

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Not even a like from @Kirby, @petitepedal, or @Airehead.   :unsure:

Like I said in that thread, I think people may tend to ignore most of the YouTube videos posted here and just don't bother to watch.  I am guilty of this as well.  But in this particular case, skipping your video would be a real shame.  :(

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I can force post pastes to be in plain text.

This would be great for text posts.  Just one little problem, maybe...

When you copy and paste an image, the same prompt comes up that asks if you want rich or plain text.  If you select "plain text" when trying to paste an image, the image does not paste.  :(

So if you could have all text pastes paste as plain text and all pastes containing images paste as rich text, that would be ideal.  Or maybe you have a better idea?   

• Confused 1

• Solution
4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

This would be great for text posts.  Just one little problem, maybe...

When you copy and paste an image, the same prompt comes up that asks if you want rich or plain text.  If you select "plain text" when trying to paste an image, the image does not paste.  :(

So if you could have all text pastes paste as plain text and all pastes containing images paste as rich text, that would be ideal.  Or maybe you have a better idea?   

Try now.

It retained images and YouTube videos.

I know most of you aren't all that interested in the theme incompatibility that was a constant source of aggravation for some of us, but our leader, the esteemed Mr Square Wheels, has fixed this problem and made everyday life on the forum much more pleasant.  He deserves much praise for his efforts in this regard.  Seriously.   :)

• Thank You 1