Everyone should have a copper roof on their house

AirwickWithCheese

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Delivering Dominos Pizza?

Whatever it takes. 78% of the cost of a copper roof is the installation.  I was very disappointed when Einstein did not install his own copper roof. 

The roof should have bronze or silver accents to bring attention to the beauty of the copper roof. 

Poor people should remember to nail the asphalt shingles in a straight line. 

8 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Whatever it takes. 78% of the cost of a copper roof is the installation.  I was very disappointed when Einstein did not install his own copper roof. 

The roof should have bronze or silver accents to bring attention to the beauty of the copper roof. 

Poor people should remember to nail the asphalt shingles in a straight line. 

I can do my own installation.  Can you buy the copper for me?

• Thank You 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I will loan you the money and help you install.  

Will you sign my injury waiver?  I have a cape cod and those 2 roofs are steep.  I'll send you up first and hand you the copper.  You need to make sure to bring treats for Rudy and stay away from WoKzoo.  I expect you here next Thursday.

• Haha 2

I don't know. They way meth heads steal copper wire around here, I don't think I want a copper roof!

A good friend is a farmer's wife. They left a semi truck in the field overnight during last year's harvest. The next day, all the wiring in the truck was gone! It was insured, but they almost had to total it out because of the cost to replace the wiring. 

• Sad 2

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Too cost prohibitive.  I guess I am one of the poor folks.

Yeah - we just use it in smaller sections of roof.  Most of the roof is good old boring shingles.  The copper stuff seems a good contrast, but not as the main roofing material.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Steel is real.

My parent's put a steel roof on their 2-story farm house. They were living in the basement while getting the upstairs renovated. The basement was concrete filled foam block. One day after a heavy snow, they heard a big thump in front of the house. That was unusual because the foam really buffered outside noise. She opened the front door to see a big pile of snow that fell from the 2nd story. It had fallen 25-30 feet. Mom was real glad she wasn't outside the door at that time. She said the pile was big enough to hurt someone!

1 hour ago, groupw said:

My parent's put a steel roof on their 2-story farm house. They were living in the basement while getting the upstairs renovated. The basement was concrete filled foam block. One day after a heavy snow, they heard a big thump in front of the house. That was unusual because the foam really buffered outside noise. She opened the front door to see a big pile of snow that fell from the 2nd story. It had fallen 25-30 feet. Mom was real glad she wasn't outside the door at that time. She said the pile was big enough to hurt someone!

The first couple years we had our metal roof it would do that. You are supposed to put stoppers on the roof to prevent that. We didn’t, it hasn’t done that the last ten years or so.