Childhood friend passed away last night

MickinMD

Mark, my childhood friend who had a massive heart attack a few days ago, passed away at the hospital in Berlin, Maryland last night, near the Atlantic Ocean on Maryland's Eastern Shore.  He lives nearer to Baltimore but had been painting a small trailer the family owns near Ocean City when the heart attack occurred.

I visited and spoke with his mother and sister for about 1/2 hour today.  They said too long a period went by with no oxygen to the brain before medical help arrived and if he would have survived the doctors said it would include very severe brain damage.  To bad no one with CPR training was near!

They had made arrangements with the funeral home, but the timing may be days away.

They asked me to tell his best friend from childhood, Ron who I'm still in frequent touch with, that he had passed away.

So I went to Ron's and we talked for over a half hour.

Ron's wife Sharon arrived home and she asked me, "What's up, Mick?"

I told her Ron's best friend during childhood had died. When she asked, "Who?" and I said Mark's full name, she almost went into shock.

"Oh God, I'm sorry!" I said, "I forgot you're a member of Mark's extended family!"

It turns out she's Mark's 2nd cousin.

So I also spread the word to some others from our younger days and my voice is very hoarse right now.  Many mentioned that this evening with involve recalling a lot of memories.  There will be a sad reunion at the funeral home!

• Sad 6