It Is Easy To Understand

Razors Edge

...why some folks adopt an all black wardrobe.  Black (and, if a little wild, shades of black) really is pretty much the perfect color choice for clothing and offers the broadest (and best) variety of fashionable options. From shoes, sock, pants, underwear, (bras for the ladies), shirts, belts, and even hats, black is pretty much the best or tied-for-best option.

I'm starting to understand the genius of those all-black clothing types - even the goths!

There was a manager who wore nothing but different versions of black shirts.  And he wasn't a wierd person. In fact, a likeable, effective manager who knew how to maneouvre and communicate up and across the management levels.

I think it might have been his extra weight he wanted to forget/disguise.  

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

There was a manager who wore nothing but different versions of black shirts.  And he wasn't a wierd person. In fact, a likeable, effective manager who knew how to maneouvre and communicate up and across the management levels.

I think it might have been his extra weight he wanted to forget/disguise.  

I generally am mostly black - but prefer different shirt vs pant combinations, so black pants/shorts would mean a colored shirt instead.  But sometimes I go with black shorts, but then a sort of dark gray/mildly black top, so that's close to all black.

22 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...why some folks adopt an all black wardrobe.  Black (and, if a little wild, shades of black) really is pretty much the perfect color choice for clothing and offers the broadest (and best) variety of fashionable options. From shoes, sock, pants, underwear, (bras for the ladies), shirts, belts, and even hats, black is pretty much the best or tied-for-best option.

I'm starting to understand the genius of those all-black clothing types - even the goths!

Not to mention that it's very difficult to see at night when you don't want to be seen.

Just now, maddmaxx said:

Not to mention that it's very difficult to see at night when you don't want to be seen.

Boom! The "Ninja advantage"!  See, the reasons keep piling up!

As a nighttime cycling or walking attire, all black is a BAD idea.  Black with reflective piping or strategic patches is good though.