What is that dessert called that is baked with fruit...

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Parsnip Totin Jack,

• Solution
6 hours ago, Randomguy said:

...on the bottom with crumbly bumbly topping?

Define crumbly bumbly topping. Cobbler is a topping like biscuit dough. While crumb topping is a mixture of flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter that is spread over the fruit. Cobbler: 

CBB76DD4-8117-428A-8533-8BDB79B03540.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

11 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Define crumbly bumbly topping. Cobbler is a topping like biscuit dough. While crumb topping is a mixture of flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter that is spread over the fruit. Cobbler: 

CBB76DD4-8117-428A-8533-8BDB79B03540.jpeg

I lost two similar Corningware 5 qt glass-ceramic fusion square casserole dishes with lids with that "Blue Cornflower" design in my house fire, one with lots of stains that my late mother had owned and loved for decades. They're safe on a gas or electric stovetop, oven, broiler, or microwave.  But they don't make them anymore!  Some patterns were listed for over $1000 used and this reminded me to check again.

I found the 5 qt. baking dish for $106 total (used, excellent condition) at replacements.com and the lid at corningware.com for $16. The next cheapest was one with a lid for $139.95 + shipping + sales tax, so I saved about $27 bucks even though I had to pay shipping twice.

Now that I'm doing so much stuff in my 6-qt. Instant Pot instead of 3-4 hours in the oven, I'm not sure I'll use it much and $122 is a high price in my eyes, but I had to have it for old times sake!

image.png.3105351691e43daf9e325b49b21550e5.png

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I lost two similar Corningware 5 qt glass-ceramic fusion square casserole dishes with lids with that "Blue Cornflower" design in my house fire, one with lots of stains that my late mother had owned and loved for decades. They're safe on a gas or electric stovetop, oven, broiler, or microwave.  But they don't make them anymore!  Some patterns were listed for over $1000 used and this reminded me to check again.

I found the 5 qt. baking dish for $106 total (used, excellent condition) at replacements.com and the lid at corningware.com for $16. The next cheapest was one with a lid for $139.95 + shipping + sales tax, so I saved about $27 bucks even though I had to pay shipping twice.

Now that I'm doing so much stuff in my 6-qt. Instant Pot instead of 3-4 hours in the oven, I'm not sure I'll use it much and $122 is a high price in my eyes, but I had to have it for old times sake!

You can buy those all day long on Facebook Marketplace.  My wife and daughters collect vintage sets of Corningware. 

On 10/7/2021 at 5:54 PM, MickinMD said:

The 5 qt. baking dish arrived today in perfect, like-new condition.

• Heart 1