Thursday Night Football

Dottleshead
Go to solution Solved by dinneR,

Yeah it’s a toss up.  I hope Stafford bounces back from last week. He was missing throws he was making the first three weeks.

I usually ride thursdays after work but I told my riding buddy I had to work late and couldn’t ride. Don’t want to miss the game!

7 hours ago, Dottles said:

Ok @ChrisL ESPN has the matchup as even. Lambs vs Seahags. 

Vegas Insider has the Rams a 2 1/2 pt. favorite, even though that's not necessarily what the bookies think the score's actual spread should be: it's the spread they think will make betters bet 50% each way, guaranteeing the house a small win.

I often refer to Vegas Insider when I play the money prizes games like Fox Bet Super 6 phone app Thursday and Sunday games (Win Terry Bradshaw's Money, etc.) and the NBC Sports Predictor Sunday Night game when asked how much a team will win by or how many total points will be scored (about 3 and 55 for Thursday Night, but 29 to 26 is an unusual score, so I'll guess something like 30 to 27.

I also use it for fantasy football, to guess how many touchdowns teams are expected to score and give up when selecting which players to start.

image.thumb.png.0ec927831aa978d198ea7ac380bfeb84.png

Two things I hate about Thursday Night Football:

1) it usually isn't a good game.  I don't know about the Seahawks, but the Rams didn't even run a single regular practice this week, just walk throughs, even though they've got injured players or replacements to check out.

Meanwhile, I've got the Rams Taylor Rapp, one of the NFL's top defensive backs, on a fantasy team with a bad ankle and who was listed as questionable until today. I don't know if he's going to be playing the whole game or even more than one series because there are no practice reports to go by.  I have to roll the dice and start him.

2) If you have two good fantasy players at a position like RB, one playing Thursday and one Sunday, if the player on Sunday is preferred but questionable, you either have to roll the dice or start the Thursday player because by Sunday, if the preferred guy is out, you can't switch the other guy to starter because he's already played.

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I think it is wrong to play on Thursday.  Only acceptable days for pro football are Sundays and Monday night.  Thanksgiving is ok, though.  I don't like Saturday playoff games, I feel they cheapen us all.

Maybe after a bye but yeah I agree.  Thursday night games are tough. 

56 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

1) it usually isn't a good game.  I don't know about the Seahawks, but the Rams didn't even run a single regular practice this week, just walk throughs, even though they've got injured players or replacements to check out.

Meanwhile, I've got the Rams Taylor Rapp, one of the NFL's top defensive backs, on a fantasy team with a bad ankle and who was listed as questionable until today. I don't know if he's going to be playing the whole game or even more than one series because there are no practice reports to go by.  I have to roll the dice and start him.

2) If you have two good fantasy players at a position like RB, one playing Thursday and one Sunday, if the player on Sunday is preferred but questionable, you either have to roll the dice or start the Thursday player because by Sunday, if the preferred guy is out, you can't switch the other guy to starter because he's already played.

I can’t speak for the Hawks either but the Rams didn’t play a single starter on offense & defense during the pre season & they came out on week one firing on all cylinders

I trust what McVay is doing even if it hurts your fantasy stats.  They also don’t have anyone on their official injury report so it seems Rapp is good to go. 

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Thursday night games are tough. 

I feel that Thursday games degrade the scarcity principal that Sunday games deliver.  Sunday is for football, right?  Maybe Monday night, too. 

Sundays cease to be special if games can be had willy nilly on every night of the week, plus the Thursday games and mini-byes that come afterward mess with the concept of all teams having the same chance to recover and other principles of fairness, such that they are.

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Vegas Insider has the Rams a 2 1/2 pt. favorite, even though that's not necessarily what the bookies think the score's actual spread should be: it's the spread they think will make betters bet 50% each way, guaranteeing the house a small win.

I often refer to Vegas Insider when I play the money prizes games like Fox Bet Super 6 phone app Thursday and Sunday games (Win Terry Bradshaw's Money, etc.) and the NBC Sports Predictor Sunday Night game when asked how much a team will win by or how many total points will be scored (about 3 and 55 for Thursday Night, but 29 to 26 is an unusual score, so I'll guess something like 30 to 27.

I also use it for fantasy football, to guess how many touchdowns teams are expected to score and give up when selecting which players to start.

image.thumb.png.0ec927831aa978d198ea7ac380bfeb84.png

I would suggest the Rams score a lot. I would also suggest the Seahawks score a lot. Both defenses ain’t what they used to be. 

8 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I would suggest the Rams score a lot. I would also suggest the Seahawks score a lot. Both defenses ain’t what they used to be. 

Generally if Vegas has the game is a draw then it’s a slight favor to the away team as home team generally has a few points just being home.  

I had a feeling Kyler Murray would eat up our D. Our edge rushers were either out or dinged up and Murray was able to get yardage outside all day long. They couldn’t contain him.  The Rams D did play well up to that game. 

It looks like Leonard Floyd is better but we are still playing the #2 opposite him. And Wilson doesn’t move like he used to. 

Wilson is not Wilson of 5 years ago. Definitely.  Bobby Wagnor on defense definitely isn’t.  But Wilson is a gamer and anytime you face him, I wouldn’t be able to relax until the clock hits 0:0. Our offense is Casper the Ghost. Very streaky but I would never count them out. Somewhat for the defense — but they mainly aren’t visible. And if you can pound the rock, the game is yours. 

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I think it is wrong to play on Thursday.  Only acceptable days for pro football are Sundays and Monday night.  Thanksgiving is ok, though.  I don't like Saturday playoff games, I feel they cheapen us all.

Arguably the smartest comment you have ever made.  I'm guessing the GF or RO are really at the keyboard.

• Solution
4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Practice is overrated. Gargliardi never let his teams hit during practice and he won more games than any coach in College history. He said that was how players got injured.

There's always Iverson's view on practice.

23 minutes ago, Dottles said:

@ChrisL I would feel good if I were you. This is when we self destruct. Keep pounding the rock and you guys walk out with a W. We always look good in the first half. Also this is when Ken Norton Jr gets out coached. 

I think Stafford is hurt/has been hurt. He’s been sailing passes the past two games…

I think both of us are a bit frustrated by the play of our teams…

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I think Stafford is hurt/has been hurt. He’s been sailing passes the past two games…

I think both of us are a bit frustrated by the play of our teams…

I’m just saying I have seen this twice this year.  Stanford will have many chances this half that will make You forget 

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

@ChrisL I would feel good if I were you. This is when we self destruct. Keep pounding the rock and you guys walk out with a W. We always look good in the first half. Also this is when Ken Norton Jr gets out coached. 

36 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I’m just saying I have seen this twice this year.  Stanford will have many chances this half that will make You forget 

I told you @ChrisL.  Totally predictable 

31 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Sorry @Dottles and I am truly am.  It sucks that our teams are in the same division.

Nah. I love it. It’s a great rivalry and the Rams have our number lately. I don’t care too much. Donald is an animal. But I’m just saying it’s like the cart falls off the tracks in the second half for us. You wanted to know what the deal was. I’m not saying you guys aren’t talented offensively — crap you are. But don’t feel too good. This has been and is a pattern with this team. Our defense just isn’t very good. I doubt they will be. And now Russell may be out. Shit we haven’t even played AZ yet. :lol:

34 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Geno played well, I thought.  One thing I like is that the Rams took downfield shots.  Not sure if they did that as much previously with Goff, I can't remember.  

Goff would take a shot or two a game in their Super Bowl year and threw some beautiful passes too.  But more recently it was dink & dunk stuff. Also, Rams didn’t have a deep threat receiver after the SB year until this year.

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Seattle deserved a butt kicking for wearing those uniforms.

Even if they didn't deserve it, that butt kicking was going to happen w/ that defense and Ken Norton Jr getting out coached at half time -- again.  We can smoke and mirror with the best of them for the first half and then when the opposing coaching staff figures us out -- whammo.  Game over.