Old lady at the check out

Longjohn

At Aldi’s is throwing her groceries up on the belt so hard they bounce. She throws a Mellon in the conveyor and it bounces about three hops and lands on a package of buns. Bananas, tossed on the conveyor like she was mad at them. I figure she was asked to buy groceries for someone else and she really didn’t want to. She had a walker in her cart and empty Aldi boxes she picked up so she wouldn’t have to buy bags. She paid with cash and asked the cashier several times the total so she could pay in exact change. I wonder what the real story was. She didn’t enjoy shopping that’s for sure. I should have asked if she needed any help getting the groceries to the car but she was ahead of me and by the time I checked out and took my groceries to the car she was gone.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I sometimes call women (or men) in their fifties old if they act/look old. I’m guessing she was older than me but I could be wrong.

one time at the aquatics center I was talking to the lifeguard about this old lady that I was afraid was going to drown. She just kept going, barely getting her mouth out of the water long enough to take a breath. The lifeguard said that old lady is ten years younger than you.

I find this to be true often.  It's scary to run into people that are younger than me using walkers and who look like they are on their last legs.

I've been to Aldi at least once a week thoughout the 2000's and never saw anyone be careless with food at the checkout belt.

I very carefully put milk cartons on their sides so they won't fall over when the belt begins to move, save soft or brittle stuff for last, etc.

I shop at Aldi with my own large, insulated and zippered shopping bag so I can keep the stuff cold or frozen in the bag for an hour or more if I've got other stops to make before I return home and so I don't need to put a quarter in the slot to get a cart and then get a wet, sticky quarter from a different cart returned to me when I return the cart.

She must have been very angry about something as well as foolish and unable to control her behavior.

30 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

then get a wet, sticky quarter from a different cart returned to me when I return the cart.

I never take that wet sticky quarter I always leave it in the cart when I return it. I have followers now, often when I go to get a shopping cart I find it not plugged in to the other carts and the quarter still in it. I guess we showed them. :party:

• Awesome 1