New job interview Tuesday...

groupw

3 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

If it’s a zoom interview you could give us the passcode and we could help you. 

It's a phone interview. Eldest daughter works for this company. She likes it there. She is working in a different area than I applied, but she has been coaching me on the types of questions the company likes to use across the board. 

• Heart 2

So many larger companies really drag their feet on OS upgrades. My former corporate employer just finished the rollout of Windows 7 when the rest of the world was getting Windows 10. They had to make sure in-house developed software worked before they rolled out

20 minutes ago, groupw said:

So many larger companies really drag their feet on OS upgrades. My former corporate employer just finished the rollout of Windows 7 when the rest of the world was getting Windows 10. They had to make sure in-house developed software worked before they rolled out

So true, groupw.  It's tough on a large organization with many worksites all over the map with custom software. And then dealing with wide range of internal users and their upgrade result problems.

1 hour ago, groupw said:

Yup, we just finished getting onto 10 last year.  

5 hours ago, groupw said:

I submitted my resume' to a company based in the PHX area. Requested a work from home position that could possibly be a work in office position once we move there. They replied in 24 hours with a possible position and online application form. I replied the next day. Got an interview request in 24 hours. We found a time that would work for all of us. Could be a decent raise if accepted that might accelerate our timetable to move. We'll see how everything goes on Tuesday...

Best of luck!

• Heart 1

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Did you get the job?  :whistle:

Maybe….

Yep. I got the job. It required more in office than was originally planned but that’s just as well because automation is phasing out much of the old position. I have been compensated enough to pay for the extra gas. 

• Heart 2