I learnded someting last night

KrAzY

2 hours ago, KrAzY said:

I loved the rear window on the Barracudas. but yes... defiantly a Valiant under all that fanciness! 

Hated that window. My first job was cleaning interior car windows at a full service car wash. I'd rather do a station wagon than that big, long window. 

3 hours ago, KrAzY said:

I loved the rear window on the Barracudas. but yes... defiantly a Valiant under all that fanciness! 

Yes, but with a 273 cu in solid lifter small block engine with factory headers.  I'd love to have one of those again.  It was my first race car and the second most successful.  I can't believe that we found it on a used car lot in 68 and not knowing what it was they sold it to me at a very reasonable price.

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

Hated that window. My first job was cleaning interior car windows at a full service car wash. I'd rather do a station wagon than that big, long window. 

Cleaning the outside is not the issue, it's trying to contort your arm to the curve of the glass... The valiant makes me not want to clean the interior window also! 

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes, but with a 273 cu in solid lifter small block engine with factory headers.  I'd love to have one of those again.  It was my first race car and the second most successful.  I can't believe that we found it on a used car lot in 68 and not knowing what it was they sold it to me at a very reasonable price.

we have a vehicle graveyard here nearby.. I'm betting if I walked the lot, I could find you another... they use the cars to scrap out for people, but sadly they have nothing older then the 40's

47 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I've done this for my wife for twenty years, probably more.

If we have the truck.. it's a click of the button and she can load her own ass in the truck, If it's the antiques... then I will play it old school... I do however still open doors for her, but it's so I can check out her butt as she walks inside :)

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Until the 383 became available. :) 

383 was over rated.. yah.. it had some power, but a 230 straight 6 was better over all.. then the 308 or 454 were close seconds. The 383 was just a stepping stone to greatness :)

6 hours ago, KrAzY said:

That car is definitely an attention whore for sure, but it was mostly getting the attention from the girls. 

Hmm...  that doesn't happen when I take WoBG out on our Friday night date... in my Prius.  :(

6 hours ago, Airehead said:

Date nights are good. 

Yeah for 40 years now... WoBG and I have gone out on a Friday night date.    1 week from today, is our 40th anniversary of our engagement.  :party:  I wonder if WoBG will remember?  :scratchhead:

• Heart 3

5 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Hmm...  that doesn't happen when I take WoBG out on our Friday night date... in my Prius.  :(

Yeah for 40 years now... WoBG and I have gone out on a Friday night date.    1 week from today, is our 40th anniversary of our engagement.  :party:  I wonder if WoBG will remember?  :scratchhead:

It will be fun that you remember. Where were you when you asked her to marry you?

8 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Maybe its not the car or the lady on your arm... But yet who they both are with.. :)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

This one looks good...   I'd take it.

I would take it also, but I kind of ran out of room for storage as of now... 
Next house I told the WoK that we are downsizing but increasing garage space.. I would LOVe to have another garage like we did at our first house... was an 1100 soft home with an 8 car storage garage.. even have 15 foot ceilings for having a lift. 
This time I would also add an I-beam for motor removal

• Heart 1

59 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

383 was over rated.. yah.. it had some power, but a 230 straight 6 was better over all.. then the 308 or 454 were close seconds. The 383 was just a stepping stone to greatness :)

1st step to becoming a muscle car.  :)   The 454 was too much for the 66-69.  The 70 was about 600 lbs heavier and handled the hemi really well. 

The car in the video above is pretty identical to my 68.   That little badge on the fender below the Barracuda badge, said Plymouth Valiant on it. :) 

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

1st step to becoming a muscle car.  :)   The 454 was too much for the 66-69.  The 70 was about 600 lbs heavier and handled the magnum really well. 

The car in the video above is pretty identical to my 68.  

It might have been too much, but it did get the tires spinning for sure.. 
My old '68 was a Chevelle and that car was like a bobsled to drive.. Kind of miss the stupid things I used to do in it