How often do you wash your car?

Airehead

The grounds were really really muddy at the hunt club yesterday so

i went through the car wash today. I am a wash it when it needs it type of person. Einstein hates paying for a car wash and would have left it dirty until he was well enough to wash it. 

The Miata is garaged, so once in a while. I will today before we take it for a drive to the winery for WoW’s birthday. 
The CX5 is on a unlimited plan with a car wash so whenever we want with it. 
My pickup as needed. Deep Amethyst looks amazing when it’s clean! Even with the dents and scratches. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

The grounds were really really muddy at the hunt club yesterday so

i went through the car wash today. I am a wash it when it needs it type of person. Einstein hates paying for a car wash and would have left it dirty until he was well enough to wash it. 

While I also don’t like paying for them, I am mostly concerned they will damage the finish so I always hand wash.  

• Heart 1

When it's warm, I used to wash my fleet of 3 cars, ever 2 weeks.   Now it's once a month.  I wash them at home.  

In the winter, WoBG's car is parked most of the time.  She doesn't drive it in the snow, or on roads with salt.  That's how a car in the rust belt, can be 23 years old and still look new.

I go to the spray car wash in the winter about once every 2 weeks to removed the salt, sludge, crap, etc.. from the other 2 cars.  I still use a sponge during the wash and I dry the cars. (sometimes the water freezes before I can finish drying the car)  My hands get a bit cold doing that here.  

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Wash?

I was going to say that but then I remembered last week my car was covered with dust from my road. It was about to rain so I decided to help the rain out. I took a bucket of water and some dish soap and I pool brush and soaped  it down and the rain rinsed it. Only time I washed it this year.

• Heart 2

mr. does all the car washing, and there’s no schedule or routine. He washes them before we take a road trip, after we’ve driven on dirt roads, after a grimy snowstorm, before working on them or taking them in for repairs, and whenever he gets a little antsy for a project. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

It's in a garage most of its life.  A few times a year carefully by hand.  Then maybe 10 times in the winter with the touchless wash.

It's in the shop now for deer repair.  I suspect they will wash it when done.

Sorry about the deer damage. 

I usually wash mine with a wash and wax once a year around October and more often if it gets muddy.  The rain does a good job of getting rid of minor dirt and road salt in the Spring.

The wash in October is followed by a good rub-on-buff-off liquid wax like Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax to give it a little extra protection through the Winter.  I didn't wash it throughout my exile from home.

I did wash it then wax it Friday, taking advantage of a cloudy day that gave me a little more time to buff the dry wax with a microfiber towel. It will look good in the funeral procession of vehicles to the cemetery tomorrow.

• Heart 1

Never!  I don't have a car, though.

When I did have a car in areas without salted winter roads, I often washed the car only when I absolutely had to.  My theory is the dust and debris attached to the car protected the finish as well as all the waxes in the world.  When I had a nicer car that I was more proud of, I washed by hand, normally.  It was kind of satisfying once you had your system down.

One day I will have a car again, I will probably wash it.

• Heart 1

Tacoma never has been washed in three years (been used off road and has been really muddy.. I call it southern undercoating), Valiant has been washed a couple time because it was put into shows, 29 chevy has not been washed in probably 50+ years, wife car gets washed when she feels it needs it. Oh... and the motorcycle gets a batch when I ride it in the rain 

• Heart 1