How often do you wash your hair?

Longjohn

Not a parody. My brother’s hair was getting thin and he asked the doctor if there was anything he could do to try to save it. The doctor asked him how often he washed his hair and he said every day. The doctor told him not to. I still wash mine every day in the shower. If I’m unable to shower it doesn’t get washed. My brother dyes his hair, I think that’s why it was falling out.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Not a parody. My brother’s hair was getting thin and he asked the doctor if there was anything he could do to try to save it. The doctor asked him how often he washed his hair and he said every day. The doctor told him not to. I still wash mine every day in the shower. If I’m unable to shower it doesn’t get washed. My brother dyes his hair, I think that’s why it was falling out.

If he dyes his hair, it could be a reason. It is a chemical he is putting on his probably increasingly fragile hair.  Even if the chemical is benign.  But also brother is just well getting slowly bald.

Maybe he can ask for a cut that will make his hair look a bit fuller..especially if it has a natural wave. Whatever hair a guy has left, if it has a natural wave, if cut properly, it can look better.

I really think for both women and men as they age, if at least they have good, flattering cuts, that helps alot. They just look more polished and neat, from neck up.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, groupw said:

I get it wet every day. Shampoo every other day. Just a conditioner on the non shampoo days.

Pretty much this.  But I don't use conditioner on the non shampoo days.  If I'm working outside or riding I will probably use shampoo no matter the day.

• Heart 1

Both of us wash our hair everyday. Mine is thick texture so if I don't wash it in the morning, it will stay formed to the pillow. :D 

Gina washes her hair everyday but complains that it's so hard to manage seeing her hair gets down below her waist. She dyed her hair once, we hated it so no more. Her hair is super super fine but has a lot. If one of those hairs gets loose, watch out! :happyanim: It will float around in my truck if the windows are down dancing in the wind or might end up on your body somewhere you don't want it.

Hair1.JPG

She has asked me to trim her hair when it gets tough to manage. I think I missed my calling. :D

hair2.JPG

Jut don't wash it too much, the color will come right out! :D

IMG_2898.JPG

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Every day except some weekend days or days off. It usually has a party every night so washing is sort of necessary to control it. 

My hair had a party last night, it must've got into a terrible fight
'Cause when my head hit the pillow it was lookin' all right
My hair had a party last night
When I lay down everything was all right
It started out friendly but there must have been a fight

I pick up a brush, I pick up a comb
I look at the scissors but I leave them alone
There's a lizard that lives in the rocks by the sea
This morning that lizard looks a lot like me
I try to wet it down but it only makes it worse