Gettin' to know you: which pizza choice?

shootingstar

Godfather

Campisi's Pizza is a Dallas institution.  There have been rumors to mafia ties as long as I can remember and the original location, Campisi's Egyptian Room, had pictures of the owner playing golf with politicians and movie stars adorning the walls....

Any way, here are there specialty pizzas. All the way is the only way to go if you ever visit.

image.thumb.png.b9c2c3a6d6697c473c9c51409b651e94.png

• Heart 1

37 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Godfather

Campisi's Pizza is a Dallas institution.  There have been rumors to mafia ties as long as I can remember and the original location, Campisi's Egyptian Room, had pictures of the owner playing golf with politicians and movie stars adorning the walls....

Any way, here are there specialty pizzas. All the way is the only way to go if you ever visit.

Confession:  I'm not keen on green onions on pizza. Lightly crisped white/red onions are better. My pizza place is not a long-standing Italian biz...it is a very popular place..since it offers different eggs 'n benny versions but only on Sundays.  People for whatever reason, love having their photo taken outside/inside. 

27 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Godfather

Greek of these choices

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Here is a bit of flavor for Campisi's Egyptian Room

image.thumb.png.1c3fc89521f4ae21efd41ae371248d49.png

image.png.3ee661471a2f751bb9f61b079797093a.png

image.thumb.png.5c3cbb6ea3bd2addba9c99a29e4668a5.png

image.png.c8eaf449a7193690b42a7df8319c55b2.png

image.thumb.png.0aef05df12aff4131d9377fc3fd58332.png

We went to another local but true Italian-Canadian restaurant. THere was a no natural light from windows anywhere. And quite dark. It was located in a semi-industrial area which means the ownership or lease would be cheaper. I wondered initially but the food was excellent (which I can't remember the food).  The exterior was not particularily noticeable. In fact, I cycled by it quite a number of times over the years, not having a clue about the restaurant, since it is by a major bike path park system.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

Which one would I HAVE??? I'd HAVE to complain. :D

No jalapenos? :o

I'd be the plain pepperoni........................... with jalapenos. :happyanim:

You are right....I didn't notice that. No, jalapeno choice. I should suggest it as a future different mix.  I don't eat enough food with jalapeno so not sure how to mix it up in food dishes.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

You are right....I didn't notice that. No, jalapeno choice. I should suggest it as a future different mix.  I don't eat enough food with jalapeno so not sure how to mix it up in food dishes.

Basically everything is better when covered in jalapeños. But sometimes I can do without them for a change. 

19 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Easy on pizza, just toss a few rings around here and there. Gina eats jalapenos right there on her plate with her dish. Uses a fork then cuts off a small piece with each bite. May times I grill it on the grill for her.

000Jal.jpg

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Allen said:

First time there, seafood pesto, hands down, no question. Then I’d go with the safe choice of The Godfather the second time I went. 

You consider The Godfather as "safe" when many here chose the Margarita...kinda pure Italian simplicity.

Last time I chose Godfather (which I've ordered several times), there must have been a different cook...it was very spicy. The person must have laced it with chili oil in addition to the spicy meats.  When I order dishes in restaurants, it tends to be a dish that uses certain ingredients that I've never cooked with before/wouldn't prepare at home.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

Here is a bit of flavor for Campisi's Egyptian Room

Reminds me of a pizza joint in my city. Del's Pizza. Been in business since 1953. Old school all the way. It's a time warp when walking in. I hope it never changes. The pictures w/ autographs are cool. Few Redwings and other notables. Old places like this seem to be fading :(  new modern joints just seem lame.

image.thumb.png.0268f54433b5eff8c563c3ca2b159601.png

image.png.521e8667a5ada63406de37209f6c0ba2.png

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

10 hours ago, Further said:

I would try the seafood, second choice would be the Godfather or the Margherita would depend on the state of the belly at the time of ordering...

Seafood was about the only one on that list I would not choose.  :D  And chicken is never a favorite on pizza, but I love pesto, so would suffer through it for that reason only.

Otherwise, there is no "best" pizza choice, just more a best choice for my current hankering.

• Awesome 1