When will you buy yours?

Wilbur

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Honeywell is projecting 7400 business jet deliveries over the next 10 years.  That should green the planet up!  

Honeywell manufactures engines, avionics and various components for jet aircraft. 

I use Sensotec pressure transducers. Honeywell bought them. https://sensing.honeywell.com/test-measurement-products/

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Honeywell is projecting 7400 business jet deliveries over the next 10 years.  That should green the planet up!  

Honeywell manufactures engines, avionics and various components for jet aircraft. 

What percentage are replacement vs new growth?  If it was a straight swap - 7,400 new for 7,400 old ones - it would definitely be a step in the right direction.  Sort of the same with cars - once you get past the energy/pollution of creating a new item, that new item is generally way more eco-friendly than the item it replaced.

A guy I worked with in the chemical industry owned a small plane and I actually considered either going in with a few other people and buying one.  But I realized it would just be a money pit!  So instead, my BiL and I bought a 21' pleasure/fishing boat that became a money pit.  Still. it was cool taking college-level day classes in how to fish the Bay and learning all the safe boating rules of the watermen like "red right returning:" keep the red buoys on your right when going upstream or returning from open sea toward the docks.

• Heart 1