Wild pigs running amok

shootingstar

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-wild-pigs-breached-park-boundary-1.6207379

We saw hairy wild black boar skittering across a snowy highway over a decade ago after our trip at 1 of mountain resorts in B.C.  Initially we couldn't quite believe seeing this ugly, ferocious looking pig in the middle of nowhere, meaning in wilderness.  I didn't realize they are tough to contain..

10 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Horrible on farm land here.  I know in Texas people shoot them from helicopters.  You can charter a chopper and shoot as many as you want.  

Or just use your own chopper.  If you know land owners, you can go shoot pigs just about any time you want.  Even the Rangers at the Scout Camps around here will let you come shoot if they know and trust you.  

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Zephyr said:

My daughter had the same standing orders when working cattle ranches in Australia.  They also shot wild camels there too as they were causing havoc to ranch land.

No pigs on her farm land in Canada (yet)

Wild camels....do they dig up the turf seriously like the wild pigs??  Just sounds so wierd.. and such huge creatures running loose.