Crazy day coming.

maddmaxx

39 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

That sounds like it could become expensive... 

Indeed.  Womaxx is fixated on this vehicle and does not recognize that eventually it's better to replace than repair.  It's already eaten up a transmission.  Unfortunately it's going into it's 13th year with the latter half of it's life limited to commuting within town so the milage does not properly reflect the wear and tear.  (under 80K)

7 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I forgot that we had to drop womaxx's Cube off at the repair shop for what is possibly a failed CV joint.  Got home just in time for the painters to suddenly arrive with 5 min warning.  My house is being painted today.  They are busy taping off the windows now and we've been cutting down large bushes next to the house so they can get to the walls.  This is paint over aluminium siding to save some bucks.  Special paint.

The first house I bought had 34 year-old aluminum siding painted white where all the paint was flaking.  With ladders, wire brushes, etc. on poles, I scrubbed off the flaking paint until I had a silver-sided house.  I then got whatever paint Home Depot recommended, put a pale gray primer coat on, then two coats of white.

I applied the paint with one of those paint sponges on a pole.  No streaks, drips, etc.!

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

It must have cost you a brazillion dollars to pay them to turn your house around on the foundation like that.

My grandparents actually did that once. They were farmers. Once they sold the land and the town built roads, their house faced the wrong way so they lifted it and spun it to face the street. 

• Awesome 2

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

And the word is in on the Cube.

1.  Lower control arms both sides.  It seems that's the way modern cars replace ball joints.

2.  Outer brake pads rusted and jammed.  Needs new pads and rotors both sides.

I'll find out what this is going to cost tomorrow when it's done.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

And the word is in on the Cube.

1.  Lower control arms both sides.  It seems that's the way modern cars replace ball joints.

2.  Outer brake pads rusted and jammed.  Needs new pads and rotors both sides.

I'll find out what this is going to cost tomorrow when it's done.

A lot less than a new car