Apple cider donut flavored Oreos.

MoseySusan

I wouldn't really call those oreos, but they could be a good cookie in their own right.  Sort of like those maple flavored cream cookies my coworker always brought back from Canada when they forgot to get Purdy's chocolates and had to pick up a gift at the airport gift shop.   They could be a nice spice cookie, but definitely not an oreo.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I wouldn't really call those oreos, but they could be a good cookie in their own right.  Sort of like those maple flavored cream cookies my coworker always brought back from Canada when they forgot to get Purdy's chocolates and had to pick up a gift at the airport gift shop.   They could be a nice spice cookie, but definitely not an oreo.

Clearly, Kirby is an Oreo savant. We should all listen up.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, denniS said:

Triple Berry Newtons are awesome for really long bike rides.

I go with Costco's fig bars.  Two per pack (maybe 200 cal), and they hold up in a jersey pocket so that they are there if you want/need them, but in fine shape for later rides if you don't.  I think the sugar kick from the filling helps for a short burst even on something like a 3 hour ride, where you don't really need any food, but it is nice to snack on a short break.

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I used to eat them on bike rides, but found they were so calorically rich that I was gaining weight from them even though I ate them only on rides that lasted longer than 2 hours.  They are good, though.

200 cal = maybe an ounce of body weight!!! You must have a helluva accurate scale!

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

200 cal = maybe an ounce of body weight!!! You must have a helluva accurate scale!

Uh, I ate a lot more than 200 calories of them.  I would replace what I burned and then some, between whatever sugary drinks were in the bottle and the newtons.  I went on 2 hour + rides about 5 times a week back then.  To be fair, I was still calibrating all that.

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

Lots of disturbing Oreo flavors, including Carrot Cake

I really like some carrot cake, especially the gluten free recipe a friend bakes. It has finely grated carrot, nuts and raisins and cream cheese frosting. I doubt Oreo can reproduce those flavors. I doubt their apple cider donut flavor. 

2 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

I really like some carrot cake, especially the gluten free recipe a friend bakes. It has finely grated carrot, nuts and raisins and cream cheese frosting. I doubt Oreo can reproduce those flavors. I doubt their apple cider donut flavor. 

Actually, I've had the Carrot Cake oreos at Easter and they weren't bad.   Nothing like real carrot cake but ok

15 hours ago, Kirby said:

Actually, I've had the Carrot Cake oreos at Easter and they weren't bad.   Nothing like real carrot cake but ok

“…they weren’t bad” or they are “…disturbing flavors, including Carrot Cake”?   

I’m starting to see why your sister is wild… Up is down and left is right and disturbing is ok…

:huh: mr. picked up classic Oreos. No seasonal flavors this time.