What do you old pucks do for socializing and/or entertainment?

Dottleshead

Go out to lunch, let the voluptuous waitress kick my pinky toe then apologize by hugging me and smearing my face in her boobs!  Really happened today! I know the waitresses well and kid with them often. I go to lunch with my Mom so they call me Baby as I am the youngest of two boys.  Always joking and kidding with the waitresses there. 

The waitress must have not realized I was wearing sandal, meant to kick my foot but kicked my pinky toe pretty hard. Really shocked me! Then she started apologizing and laughing saying SORRY. I was seated so she grabbed my head, put her arm around me and pulled my head into her boobs smearing them all over my face. I tried not to smile too much as my Mom was looking right at me ha ha ha! I was shocked with the toe kick and I think my Mom was shocked with the motorboat! :o

You know, some of us guys will say, "that made my day!" if it had happened to them.  :runcirclsmiley:

I'm not used to boobs that big in my face. Probably won't wash my face for a few days. :happyanim:

THIS....is what I do for entertainment. :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Envious 1
  • Hugs 1

31 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Dearest Dottles:  So what do you do now for entertainment?  We're waiting with bated breath....:flirtyeyess:

You're asking me?? I'm having a fucking existentialist crisis over here and you're looking to me with answers??  I'm looking for ideas.  I'll I seem to come up with is going out for food or coffee.  Sometimes I read.  Sometimes I play video games.  Sometimes I fiddle my navel. 

Ultimately I want to be like @Old No. 7 though -- but I still gotsta work.  I guess I'll become him sooner or later.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

Go out to lunch, let the voluptuous waitress kick my pinky toe then apologize by hugging me and smearing my face in her boobs!  Really happened today! I know the waitresses well and kid with them often. I go to lunch with my Mom so they call me Baby as I am the youngest of two boys.  Always joking and kidding with the waitresses there. 

The waitress must have not realized I was wearing sandal, meant to kick my foot but kicked my pinky toe pretty hard. Really shocked me! Then she started apologizing and laughing saying SORRY. I was seated so she grabbed my head, put her arm around me and pulled my head into her boobs smearing them all over my face. I tried not to smile too much as my Mom was looking right at me ha ha ha! I was shocked with the toe kick and I think my Mom was shocked with the motorboat! :o

You know, some of us guys will say, "that made my day!" if it had happened to them.  :runcirclsmiley:

I'm not used to boobs that big in my face. Probably won't wash my face for a few days. :happyanim:

THIS....is what I do for entertainment. :lol:

I think that I'm going to start eating lunch where Mr. B does.

• Haha 3

The outdoors and especially the beach is my happy place.  I don’t really log the walks but my wife & I walk at the beach 3-4 days a week.  Riding, fishing, basically just being in nature.  I also enjoy cooking and just vegging out in front of the boob tube or going down the YouTube rabbit hole. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I work still and that is enough socialization for me... I tend to try and kick people out of my office and keep my door locked.. just being in a setting where there is people makes me want to see if one of them will fall down the stairs and replicate a slinky. 

I was gonna answer similar to Old #7, ChrisL, or Jerry, but now I like Mr. Beanz’ answer the best. :D  
I have mixed feelings about people.  As an introvert I love this method of interaction, always have, from the first time I typed broadcast “whatever” on a networked computer. And some unknown person answered from the ether.  :D  Many a time I wish I could be an extrovert and seemingly enjoy the company of everyone, but that is just snot me.  I seem to like interacting with people one on one or in small groups,  but traditional “parties” are not my thing.  And I just find little to connect me with most people but I know something is usually there if you can find it  

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Dottles said:

I'm having a fucking existentialist crisis over here and you're looking to me with answers??  I'm looking for ideas. 

Sit down with a pad of paper and a pen.   Think hard about the past and list the top ten times you were doing something that truly made you happy.  Like, still made you smile long after.  Break down those activities and figure out what about those activties made you feel the way you did and what varied form of that activity can bring you joy now.  Do that, it will take some work, and 'voila', you have your list.  Other people's interests are not your interests so you will not get the same emotional reaction they will get out of something they enjoy

• Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

I was gonna answer similar to Old #7, ChrisL, or Jerry, but now I like Mr. Beanz’ answer the best. :D  
I have mixed feelings about people.  As an introvert I love this method of interaction, always have, from the first time I typed broadcast “whatever” on a networked computer. And some unknown person answered from the ether.  :D  Many a time I wish I could be an extrovert and seemingly enjoy the company of everyone, but that is just snot me.  I seem to like interacting with people one on one or in small groups,  but traditional “parties” are not my thing.  And I just find little to connect me with most people but I know something is usually there if you can find it  

Funny but believe it or not, I was very quiet growing up. My older brother of 2 years spoke for me most times. Not till I was about 21 that I started realizing I was missing all the fun. Then when I started riding bikes, there was a real arrogant SOB that we would see at the coast rest stop. I decided one day that I was going to make him talk after he gave us that stink eye look time after time. Then I learned that I could pretty much talk to anybody if I wanted. Then came the video recorders. 

But yeah, I was a very quiet kid. :D

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, ChrisL said:

The outdoors and especially the beach is my happy place.  I don’t really log the walks but my wife & I walk at the beach 3-4 days a week.  Riding, fishing, basically just being in nature.  I also enjoy cooking and just vegging out in front of the boob tube or going down the YouTube rabbit hole. 

Pretty similar.  My mom used to yell at us on weekends, "Go outside and find something to do!", and I'll be damned if that is not the SINGLE BEST advice I have ever gotten in my life. 

So, @Dottles - GO OUTSIDE AND FIND SOMETHING TO DO!!!!! :cheerleader:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Sometimes I'm an extrovert. Sometimes I'm an introvert. We really enjoy having guests over to hang out and visit. But it's work to get it all coordinated. I'm just as happy to have the cat on my lap while I watch a little TV in the evening. Last night WoW and I ran a couple errands. We stopped by the liquor superstore for a little more beer. Found out a regular from my record store days is working there. He is a retired teacher and needed something to occupy him. We had a great visit. Things like that happen often. 

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Pretty similar.  My mom used to yell at us on weekends, "Go outside and find something to do!", and I'll be damned if that is not the SINGLE BEST advice I have ever gotten in my life. 

So, @Dottles - GO OUTSIDE AND FIND SOMETHING TO DO!!!!! :cheerleader:

The rains have come. Raining the next 5 days straight 

I haven't been doing much since the pandemic began.  Unfortunately, there are enough people I socialize with who haven't been COVID vaccinated that it keeps me from being very active in light of the fact I'm probably very susceptible to a tough time if I catch it: three extended family members died of it and my sister almost died twice during a 17-day bout with it.

With the mandates spreading among businesses and governments, I hope to begin studying piano again in the Fall of 2022 and maybe violin/fiddle, too.  I learned piano from scratch beginning in 2005 and reached the point where I auditioned and qualified for 12 of the Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins U's Adult Program's semi-annual ACE Recitals for Classical Piano - where the composer's piece is played as actually written, not a simplified version.

That also involved attending other recitals, going to Master Classes with other students, performing, and critiquing each other's playing, etc. and occupied a couple hours/day on average.

Walking, hiking, cycling should take more time, but I've gotten lazy there and will pick it up.  On some of the local park trails, it's also a way of meeting and socializing with other walkers.

We have a lot of things to see and do in Central Maryland and are 1 hour from Washington D.C and 90 minutes from Philadelphia. I like taking my nephews and/or some of their/my friends to the Smithsonian, National Zoo In D.C., Baltimore Zoo, Baltimore Zoo, Maryland Science Center, Orioles/Ravens games, minor league baseball games, College sports, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center's Visitor's Center, Civil War Battlefields, fishing or crabbing in the Bay or a tributary river, etc. etc.

In normal times, I get together with friends I haven't seen for a while at restaurants and sports games with groups like our high school "Class of 68 Lunch Bunch."

Of course, foreign vacations and cruises will occupy at least once a year stuff.