Cannondale sold

bikeman564™

8 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Being a big Cannondale fan, how do you think this affects the brand?  Is this a good thing, bad thing or meh? 

Not sure. When Dorel bought Cannondale in 2008, they began making things off shore in 2010 :angry: until then, the bikes were made in Pennsylvania. Quality IMO is fine (having three 'dales), but the welds are not as pretty as the American welds. Having watched Hambini on youtube, (great channel) he said Cervelo quality went to crap after Vroomen & White sold out :(  I hope they keep things on the level.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Not sure. When Dorel bought Cannondale in 2008, they began making things off shore in 2010 :angry: until then, the bikes were made in Pennsylvania. Quality IMO is fine (having three 'dales), but the welds are not as pretty as the American welds. Having watched Hambini on youtube, (great channel) he said Cervelo quality went to crap after Vroomen & White sold out :(  I hope they keep things on the level.

I had posted, maybe mistakenly that Cervelo seemed to be on point with innovation and figured it would be a meh.  I don’t own any Cannondales but have always been a fan of the brand. It seems Trek & Spesh get all the glory and Cannondale just  makes really cool bikes without the fanfare. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I was really thinking about buying a Cannondale for my next bike back then for the very reason they were made here. When they started making them overseas I decided to stick with Trek. Finally this year I bought a bicycle made in the USA. Too bad they didn’t make the components too.

1 minute ago, Bikeguy said:

I missed it too.

Then again... I saw the topic and I assumed you sold your bike.  

It was the MUST READ topic from yesterday :dontknow:

But, yeah, I hope Cannondale prospers from this change, and I too think they are and have been pretty cool bikes.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I had posted, maybe mistakenly that Cervelo seemed to be on point with innovation and figured it would be a meh.  I don’t own any Cannondales but have always been a fan of the brand. It seems Trek & Spesh get all the glory and Cannondale just  makes really cool bikes without the fanfare. 

Ya know, Cannondales aren't rare, but I don't see as many as other brands. Trek, Giant, Specialized are everywhere. There's one main reason I like Cannondale. It's because they were the pioneers of aluminum in the '80s. Trek then followed. They eventually began making carbon bikes to keep up a/ the other high-end brands. But they never lost their roots. To this day they still offer an aluminum bike w/ top shelf components, and still put a emphasis on their CAAD series. 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was really thinking about buying a Cannondale for my next bike back then for the very reason they were made here. When they started making them overseas I decided to stick with Trek. Finally this year I bought a bicycle made in the USA. Too bad they didn’t make the components too.

I thought the only Trek made here was their project one:dontknow:

10 hours ago, Longjohn said:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/group-tests/made-in-america-a-guide-to-us-made-road-and-gravel-frames-and-components-484271

• Heart 1