I don't think I trust the people that have guns with the guns that they have

Randomguy

I have a sister who moved to eastern WA.  My BIL and their adult daughter all open carry and have that don’t mess with me attitude. They talk the tough talk, “yeah try to pull some shit & see what happens”.

I asked my niece once what she would do if she saw a robbery in progress.  I’d shoot the fucker.  Really, you do realize LE can’t shoot a robber just because. Well I am not a cop.

Oh jeebus I’m glad you live where you do and not near me…

I carried for 4 years and always felt it was a burden & nothing else..

• Heart 4

I had a fairly nice collection years ago but they are all gone now.  2 were sold to a collector and 2 were scrapped.  I scrapped a High Standard .22 target pistol and an old Remington Nylon 66 .22.  The collector bought a Weatherby Varmintmaster and a Remington Fireball bolt action pistol.  I just got to the point where I didn't want to be around the new generation of members at the gun club.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

I have guns. I try not to be a jerk. I would not shoot a robber. 

Unlike the macho attitude in some states it's actually not legal to shoot a robber in CT.  I'm not current on the latest updates to the law but we have a strange combination of Castle law and other rules.  You can shoot someone attempting to enter the building but only when they are in the portal.  Once inside you are required to retreat as far as safely possible and you cannot shoot them until they have followed as far as you can go and you can then claim imminent danger to your life.

Shooting over stuff is a no no.

• Heart 2

43 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I have guns. I try not to be a jerk. I would not shoot a robber. 

If you did shoot a robber, I know you would only shoot if there was no other way.  You I trust.  That said, there are millions upon millions of gun nut dispute seekers ready to try their hand at shooting shadows in road rage incidents or look for fun occasions to storm this or that, and who really should not be having even a spork because they are so high a risk to society.

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Unlike the macho attitude in some states it's actually not legal to shoot a robber in CT.  I'm not current on the latest updates to the law but we have a strange combination of Castle law and other rules.  You can shoot someone attempting to enter the building but only when they are in the portal.  Once inside you are required to retreat as far as safely possible and you cannot shoot them until they have followed as far as you can go and you can then claim imminent danger to your life.

Shooting over stuff is a no no.

In very general terms, you can shoot someone in your own home if the person illegally enters and there is a reasonable fear for your life or the lives of others. Interpretation of this does vary by state.  But is an unarmed homeless guy breaks in and is looking for food in your fridge & you go get your gun & cap him your gonna have some splainin to do. 

Key elements of robbery are force or fear.  If someone rips the purse off a woman (force) and runs away she was robbed but her life was not in danger therefore a shoot is not warranted.  If someone pulls a gun (fear) & says give me your purse it could be and deadly force could be warranted.  

So in very limited circumstances deadly force could be used over stuff.