Public announcement

maddmaxx

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

All they had to do was be better than K Mart.

:check:

Yeah - but Kmart checkout wasn't their weakpoint (usually).  Anyway, they seem to be trending towards Kmart in some ways. I feel like they used to be closer to Target in "cleanliness" than they were to Kmart, but now, they seem closer to the old Kmart than the current Targets.  Just crap everywhere :(

I always said you could show me a photo of three parking lot asphalt patches - say 10' x 10' - and I could order them from K-mart to Walmart to Target based on bubble gum per square foot.  Sadly, Walmart lots are getting increasingly "bubble gum" dense.

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - but Kmart checkout wasn't their weakpoint (usually).  Anyway, they seem to be trending towards Kmart in some ways. I feel like they used to be closer to Target in "cleanliness" than they were to Kmart, but now, they seem closer to the old Kmart than the current Targets.  Just crap everywhere :(

I always said you could show me a photo of three parking lot asphalt patches - say 10' x 10' - and I could order them from K-mart to Walmart to Target based on bubble gum per square foot.  Sadly, Walmart lots are getting increasingly "bubble gum" dense.

KMart's checkouts always annoyed the crap oot of me, because they ALWAYS jammed up for a price check.  I agree Walmart started oot with Target-like cleanliness, but has deteriorated somewhat.  Target annoys me because of the thinly stocked shelves,   Seems like they only have two or three of each item sometimes.  They are now my preferred store for shower curtains though, since they did have a decent stock of those.

• Awesome 1

I like the self-checkout at Walmart since they went to all non-cash check out machines.  There's usually not a long wait like there used to be - and still is - in the regular checkout lines.  But it's kind of eerie that a caste-system is slowly being instituted where the poor people without cards have to pay wait in line and then pay full price that partly subsidizes the cash-back, 2% to 5% (Chase Freedom Visa Oct-Dec), that I get without the wait.

Some of the supermarket self checkouts are a pain.  At Weis yesterday after I scanned the last item, I decided it, bread, needed its own bag so I lifted it out of a bag with other stuff and put it in it's own bag.  Then machine's voice kept repeating, "Please remove the unchecked item from the bagging area and scan it."  I had to call the store's help-people over to stop that demand.

13 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

But it's kind of eerie that a caste-system is slowly being instituted where the poor people without cards have to pay wait in line and then pay full price that partly subsidizes the cash-back, 2% to 5% (Chase Freedom Visa Oct-Dec), that I get without the wait.

"Slowly being instituted"?!?!?!? :happyanim:  More like spreading even more.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I like the self-checkout at Walmart since they went to all non-cash check out machines.  There's usually not a long wait like there used to be - and still is - in the regular checkout lines.  But it's kind of eerie that a caste-system is slowly being instituted where the poor people without cards have to pay wait in line and then pay full price that partly subsidizes the cash-back, 2% to 5% (Chase Freedom Visa Oct-Dec), that I get without the wait.

Some of the supermarket self checkouts are a pain.  At Weis yesterday after I scanned the last item, I decided it, bread, needed its own bag so I lifted it out of a bag with other stuff and put it in it's own bag.  Then machine's voice kept repeating, "Please remove the unchecked item from the bagging area and scan it."  I had to call the store's help-people over to stop that demand.

I will never use an automated checkout line if there is any way to avoid it, even to the point of standing in a long line.  People need those jobs.

• Hugs 1