Wow..nasty commute home

petitepedal

My trainer session was an hour early..and I probably chatted with the guys and the receptionist..10 minutes or so..so let's say I started home at 4:45...it usually takes about 30 minutes to get home..sometimes less..:frantics:I jumped off 694 because it was way slow..made good time on a 40mph street until the light by hwy 36..I got home at 6:05...and I didn't  stop for groceries or anything:runcirclsmiley:

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

My trainer session was an hour early..and I probably chatted with the guys and the receptionist..10 minutes or so..so let's say I started home at 4:45...it usually takes about 30 minutes to get home..sometimes less..:frantics:I jumped off 694 because it was way slow..made good time on a 40mph street until the light by hwy 36..I got home at 6:05...and I didn't  stop for groceries or anything:runcirclsmiley:

Welcome to my life! 35 mile commute. Mostly backroads cause I hate traffic. But today was good. Closer to work = more traffic. Closer to home = less traffic. Two lane roads I can do 60 in a 45 mph zone. This makes me happy. 50 in a 45; I’m unhappy. 40 in a 45, I’m passed now y’all; GTFOOMW. Drive home today was 70 minutes. That’s a good drive. I’m averaging 80-90 minutes over a week. 

I got stuck yesterday coming home from the drug store. They are putting in a new water line in Mercer. It looks like they are burying it about twenty feet back from the road but they have one lane of the two lane road blocked off and a flagman at each end directing traffic. One flagman left just as I was getting up to the other flagman. The one that was left didn’t know what to do so no traffic moved in either direction for twenty minutes. One of the workers saw the looooong backup in both directions and went over and started moving cones off the road to open it back up. He said nobody wants to be a flagman, they can get paid more money staying home. The ones we do get are brain dead and you see how that works out.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I got stuck yesterday coming home from the drug store. They are putting in a new water line in Mercer. It looks like they are burying it about twenty feet back from the road but they have one lane of the two lane road blocked off and a flagman at each end directing traffic. One flagman left just as I was getting up to the other flagman. The one that was left didn’t know what to do so no traffic moved in either direction for twenty minutes. One of the workers saw the looooong backup in both directions and went over and started moving cones off the road to open it back up. He said nobody wants to be a flagman, they can get paid more money staying home. The ones we do get are brain dead and you see how that works out.

You’re promoted to flagman superintendent of Mercer County. Report to work tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. Give ‘em hell Harry!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

and you probably were all stiff after sitting that long after working out.

I can get stiff at 30 minutes :D. As a matter of fact..in 2 weeks I will be going to @BR46's hood..I told the trainer Tuesday or Wednesday would be way better than Thursday morning..after a 3 hour or so drive they would have to pry me out of the car.:D

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Welcome to my life! 35 mile commute.

My drive to my office was 65 miles.  Many times I'd have to drive 90 miles to our departments main the office for meetings, training, etc.  The worst was  the 110 miles to our corporate office for meetings with our VP, in downtown Chicago. 

For the trip to Chicago, many times I'd drive the 65 miles to Joliet, get on a commuter train and ride that to Chicago.   That was great, except for the one day... the train ride back Joliet, usually about 1 1/2 hours, ended up being 3 hours.  Most of the time we were stopped waiting for the train in front of us.  It hit a person crossing the tracks and they couldn't move until the investigation was done.   Our train eventually passed the train that was stopped for the investigation.   That was a long commute that day, about 4 1/2 hours.

Yeah... retirement is good... 

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

780DE4D3-9EED-4C56-9D1E-38785B7B325B.gif.87813433134241f32856d15c75e45eca.gif

• Awesome 1