Do commercial actors

Prophet Zacharia

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Get royalties if their commercial is played often enough? I’d kinda like the Asian woman in the Discovery commercial who celebrates her cash-back to never have to work again. :ban:

My guess is they get a flat rate for doing the commercials because, unlike movies and TV shows, they're not going to be shown far in the future.

Speaking of Discover Card, it has a rotating quarterly 5% cash-back program that often excellent: from Jan-Mar it was supermarket groceries, from Apr-Jun it was standalone gas stations, and from July-Sep it was restaurants including bar & restaurants and carryouts. BUT, from Oct-Dec '21 it's doing 5% cash-back online for Amazon, Walmart, and Target. That doesn't help.  I have the Amazon Store Card that does 5% all year and the Capital One Walmart Visa that does 5% online and 2% in-store all year.  I seldom shop at Target.

I have several credit cards to max. cash back.  I have collected $720.63 (applied to credit card statements) in cash-back in 2021 on spending that was probably a lot lower than the avg. household spending because so much of my spending was covered by State Farm, including 6 months apartment/hotel suite rent, and I have $114.76 on record so far at Costco, where the 2021 cash-back total will be awarded in a coupon around Feb. 2022 that can be used for purchase or cash at any Costco by Dec. 31st.  I have $60.09 in cash-back for three different credit cards that I can't cash until the total cash-back at each reaches a $25 minimum.

That's $895.48 for 2021 alone and will rise to around $1000 by the end of the year.

If you can stick to a budget, keeping frequent track of your credit card spending so you don't overspend, and you pay 100% of your credit card statements every month so you're not charged interest, it's much smarter to use a credit card today than to pay with cash.  For me, that $1000 is worth the little bit of extra work to monitor it.

I get 2% to 5% back on spending in stores, online and for every auto-pay bill I can charge to a credit card.  I got 20% cash-back on the flowers I ordered online for my childhood friend's funeral on Sunday and there some cards offer occasional, up-to 15% cash-back rewards for shopping at certain places in a certain month.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’d kinda like the Asian woman in the Discovery commercial who celebrates her cash-back to never have to work again. 

Aren't you married?  Looking for a sugar momma?  Good on you. It would solve that complicated 401k question quite handily!

15 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Get royalties if their commercial is played often enough? I’d kinda like the Asian woman in the Discovery commercial who celebrates her cash-back to never have to work again. :ban:

Not sure but I do know you don’t get paid if you are not part of the actors guild.