NFL Week 6 Predictions

Dottleshead

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It was worth winning if I stayed up past midnight. 

Turned out to be an entertaining game.  I don't need a high scoring game but watching first halves equivalent to snails pooping is not enough to keep me interested.  As it was, we got to watch snails dart (fart?) in the second half. Way better game.

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I couldn’t watch the game, but was texting with my brother during. He said the Browns “stunk it up”.  

I know you guys were missing folks.  It certainly would have helped if you had your starting tackles and Chubb.  It could have potentially been different.  But AZ was without Chandler and even then Mayfield was screwed.  What I learned was AZ was/is as good as their dismantling of the L.A. Rams showed.  Still 10 games left but if you're in the NFC and want to go to the Super Bowl, no doubt you're going to have to deal with the Cardinals.  PITA.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Dottles said:

The Titans set us back too.  And then we lost two in overtime.  I would say the Bills will be ok.  They'll still be one of the top 2 teams from the AFC is my best guess.

How are the Seahawks gonna do this year?  A turn-around coming soon? Or cooked?

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

They are in trouble… The division is stacked & they have injury problems.

I watched the tail end of the Bills Titans game and wow what a crazy ending.  If I was a Bills fan I would be unhappy with the outcome but OK with the play call.  Wondering how @BuffJim feels about the final play called.

7 hours ago, Dottles said:

They'll still be one of the top 2 teams from the AFC is my best guess.

They should have kicked it into overtime.  Too much belief in the hype that they can score whenever they feel like it.  If you can score whenever you feel like it, you wouldn't feel compelled to go for it on fourth down, you would have scored on one of the other downs.  Hubris is nice in the right situation, but being cocky will sting you occasionally.  They look strong as a team, stronger than 4-2.

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I watched the tail end of the Bills Titans game and wow what a crazy ending.  If I was a Bills fan I would be unhappy with the outcome but OK with the play call.  Wondering how @BuffJim feels about the final play called.

I agree. Josh Allen slipped and our tackle got blown up. It happens. We also ran back the kickoff but had it called back due to an unnecessary penalty. Wonder if that guy gets cut. Same guy that got fined for his violent but clean hit on Justin Fields in preseason. 

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

It was a helluva time to slip.  Josh was known for being a running QB.  The call was what it should have been.  Anything else would have been scrutinized.  He just slipped.  But it is true that defensive tackle made such good penetration that even if he didn't slip he might not have made it.  It was either awesome defense or that left guard picked a helluva time to suck.

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

This.  I've been watching because the team does play with heart and makes things interesting.  But they're basically done.  They realistically could go into their bye week at 4 and 4 and it would be possible -- but I have zero expectations -- though I'm leaning towards not making the playoffs.  They really need to get their chit together -- fast and I don't think that's going to happen w/ Geno and that defense.

• Hugs 1